Made from Scratch or Quick and Easy

Options
2»

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    From scratch is quick and easy if you need it to be.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    My 'quick and easy' is nearly always something I 'made from scratch' another day when I had more time.

And, 'made from scratch' is consistently cheaper than fast food too ... as well as being tastier (at least cooked to MY taste) and with no hidden nasties (to the best of my knowledge - we can never know for sure, of course!) ...

Plus, making from scratch is the best way I know to unwind and forget about work at the moment ... most of the other alternatives are highly calorific ... ;)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    BOTH! They do not need to be mutually exclusive. I have a bunch of from scratch recipes that are actually quick and easy. Also if you do a little extra planning you can have quick and easy from scratch all week long.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Which do you prefer and why?

If you prefer quick and easy - why oh why do you not like it when people make things from scratch?

oh, i thought you were asking, but it looks like you're more interested in judging.

carry on then

Sorry! It was just my experience but you're right I just meant to ask and as I thought most responses were for quick and easy from scratch both. Now if I can just convince that person who is disgusted when I cook my own food. Yes it's the person who doesn't appreciate it because they "only cook Swanson" or whatever (from another poster).
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I prefer from scratch. It used to be just because it tasted better but now that I've discovered all these food issues I have it's just safer and easier to make it from scratch. Not to mention so much cheaper! I looked at a box of gluten free stuffing cubes at Thanksgiving and they wanted $12 for it! My 13 year old son made a batch of gluten free bread (from scratch) for me and I cut it into cubes and toasted them for the stuffing. Probably cost me less than a dollar!

In my house "quick and easy" means we bought a gluten free flour blend instead of mixing up our own. I do occasionally do that if I've got a lot going on but most of the convenience mixes that we can eat are stupid expensive and taste like crap.