40lbs GONE FOREVER!

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
Hi everyone! I have been feeling really unmotivated and terrible about my weight loss journey and although my journey is not yet complete, I have really come a long way. June 2012 I was at my highest weight EVER of between 196-198lbs. I ate anything and everything I wanted I NEVER exercised and just walking up a flight of stairs had me exhausted and panting. I had planned a trip to Williamsburg, VA with my current boyfriend. I had always wanted to visit historical Williamsburg ( and being a history buff I couldn't wait to see all the historical sites and photo-document our trip). Our last stop on our first day was the Governor's Palace, where my fiancé proposed to me! I almost fainted from the shock and the heat! I was so excited and a nice passerby offered to take our picture!

23vx9ad.jpg

Hopefully the picture works and you can see how heavy I was. Looking at the picture now I am disgusted with myself for letting myself get to that point. I knew I was heavy but I never realized how terrible I looked and it saddens me to think that there were so many important milestones of my life that I find difficult to look at and remember because of how heavy I was.

A few days after we returned from our vacation we attended my little brother's graduation from high school.

2w5ipi1.jpg

After seeing these pictures I knew something had to change. I did not want to look at my wedding photos and be disappointed because I was so unhappy with my body. My best friend had gotten engaged at christmas time and was already working on losing weight for her wedding. She turned me onto this site and we went to the gym and supported each other.

I stopped eating potato chips and dip, I was counting calories, I was exercising, and I was enjoying it! I liked to go to the gym, I liked working out, and most of all I liked seeing the change in my body. I started to feel beautiful and feel good about myself and my body. I've had a few set backs and in 525 days I have managed to get to my lowest weight of 143lbs (back in mid-Oct). But with my birthday, my mini-vacation birthday celebration weekend with my best friend, and our fiancés, not logging, not watching what I am eating, two packages of oreos, and getting lazy, I have managed to gain almost 10lbs back and I am at the same weight I was this time last year. I can acknowledge that yes, I did "maintain" my weight over the course of a year, but I am NOT where I wanted to be. I am kicking myself back into gear and hopefully by posting this mid-journey success I can get my stubborn head to realize that I have come ALONG way! I wanted to share my pictures with people who are just starting out, to show them that IT IS POSSIBLE! But I also wanted to share to hear from others, how they did it, what advice you all may have and to hear words of encouragement or criticism.

I didn't deprive myself of anything I wanted, but I ate in moderation, I don't work out every day, but when I do, I do things that I enjoy. I know that I will have more struggles and as I lose weight it gets harder and harder but if I dedicate myself I can hit my goal!

Now, assuming these pictures work… here are lots of pictures from the past 500+ days!

June 2010 - Myrtle Beach - 1st Vacation with my fiancé about 160-170lbs
aketdg.jpg
2mpk6wx.jpg

May 2011 - My Bestie & I graduate COLLEGE! 175lbs
n4v9ue.jpg

June 2011 - Parrots in the Park, Beacon, NY
2z6v12h.jpg

Aug 2011 - Niagara Falls Vacation - Theodore Roosevelt House
im6was.jpg

Dec 24, 2011 - Christmas Eve dinner with my family
2z4mo9c.jpg

April 2012 - visiting relatives in NYC around
2430ppw.jpg

June 2012 - Little Bro's Prom
oaugb4.jpg

June 2012 - Moments after getting ENGAGED!
2nv5dtu.jpg

June 2012 - Brother's Graduation (196-198lbs)
2luz1h4.jpg

7/12/12 - I weighed in on my first day of MFP weighing 190lbs :(

Aug. 2012 - Cousin's bridal shower 174lbs
rbmzqu.jpg

Sep 2012 - Just after I purchased the dress for my cousins wedding 170lbs
20gcv2a.jpg

Sept 2012 - Ultimate Bridal Expo - Poughkeepsie NY 169lbs
2d9ofbr.jpg

Oct. 7, 2012 - Cousins wedding 165lbs
2upu5a8.jpg

Nov. 20, 2012 - Engagement photoshoot - 153.8lbs
10duusi.jpg

Jan. 2013 149lbs
2dwev6.jpg

Feb 2013 - Valentine's Ball, Villa Borghese, Wappingers Falls, NY 145lbs
2q0loh3.jpg

March 2013 - St. Pat's Parade 146lbs
30b3578.jpg
27zysjl.jpg

June 2013 - Annual Vacation - 147.6lbs
sm6f81.jpg

Sep 2013 - My SKINNY photoshoot! Between 143~149lbs
95udf4.jpg
2n69bp0.jpg
27yxukk.jpg
29z1x1e.jpg

Oct. 2013 - Bestie's Surprise bridal shower 143lbs
sm6f81.jpg

Nov. 2013 - Birthday Mini-vaca 148lbs
16lxr7m.jpg
2emml1u.jpg

Hope you like all these pics and can take something away from my journey. Putting this together has been good for me and I am so thankful that I have someplace to share my story. Thank you to all of my MFP friends who have supported me! I will reach my goal!

Replies

• kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You will be a beautiful bride!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    VA VA VOOM! You look great,good work on your journey so far. Progress>Perfection
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!! I don't like making a fuss over myself but I do love the idea of a skinny shoot! Thank you for sharing your pictures. :D
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You look great. I really hope you take the time to see how much your hard work paid off. I found that guilt or negative feelings tend to trigger my eating. So my suggestion would be to focus on the positive and look at the time off/ recent weight gain as a learning experience. Lot of people have mid-weight "breaks" jump back in and you will be back to feeling amazing again. I love your skinny photos. You look so confident. Thanks for the inspiration and honesty.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratualations! Weddings are a great motivator! that was how I lost weight too!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing...almost like a different person. Great job! :drinker:
  • bama1momma
    bama1momma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! It's so inspirational since I'm starting about the same place you were. I hope to be that skinny one day! Great job chick and congrats on the wedding! :):):)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    So fantastic! Great work! Your weight loss has been similar to mine. Got to my lowest, then too much celebrating got the scale inching back up again. Now I find myself having gained back 14 lbs, and this time it's a BEAR to get off! You got this!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is super inspiring to me. You started off about where I was this time last year. I'm getting married in 2014 and am struggling to lose the last 30 pounds. I've only dropped 20 pounds in the last year and though I log everything my exercise has been slack. Thanks for sharing your success! You're going to make a beautiful bride! :flowerforyou:
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, I am at my mid-way point and really don't want to slack off, this has been really inspirational. Thanks,
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A beautiful story with beautiful pictures -- congrats!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    Congratulations you look wonderful!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!