How would I log this?

Options
My daughter and I went on a small hike, I'd say it was a mile round trip. There were parts that had me breathing heavy, parts that did not. I'd say 5-10 minutes of the heavier breathing. We also walked along the beach as she collected shells. The whole trip took an hour but the only time it felt like a "workout" was on the trail and I'd say that was about 30 minutes total.

The best part? Momma/Daughter time. :)

Replies

• Raelynn1127
    Options
    My daughter and I went on a small hike, I'd say it was a mile round trip. There were parts that had me breathing heavy, parts that did not. I'd say 5-10 minutes of the heavier breathing. We also walked along the beach as she collected shells. The whole trip took an hour but the only time it felt like a "workout" was on the trail and I'd say that was about 30 minutes total.

The best part? Momma/Daughter time. :)
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    20 minutes at a 3.0 walking pace, and another 10 minutes at 3.5. I probably wouldn't log the beach stroll as a calorie burner, but that extra time strolling kept your heart rate up a bit. Much better quality time than on the couch huh?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw what a great way to get in your exercise!!!!

um I think I'd probably put down 30 mins at brisk pace walking or hiking if that was mainly what you did and then like 30 casual pace..or stroll....I'm sure it was great for burning cals and a memorable day for you both!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Judge it by your breathing...maybe the brisk walk for a length of time and the very brisk walk for the time you were breathing heavier...I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Raelynn1127
    Options
    Thanks all. That helped a lot. It was a great time with my peanut! She loves to explore. The way I see it I have about 5 years until she is "embarassed" to be around me. They hit that stage about 13 right? :)
  • honeybee71
    Options
    Yeah, 13 is about right.

I can't figure out how to log my day. There's not a listing for 5 hours of cleaning up after my lazy co-workers. :explode: sorry. Had to vent a little