Binge Eating

Options
I am a terrible binge eater. I will inhale food before I even realize it i'm In pain. What tactics have helped you from binge eating? Going for any sort of activity out side isn't an option right now due to ice and snow and being 36 weeks pregnant with a toddler in tow.... I really need to get this under control . . . :grumble:

Replies

• stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead so you know you have food coming. Pre log and pre prep. My fridge has chopped chicken and veggies ready to go and I know I have another meal in a couple hours. But still, its hard. I dont really know what causes it or stops it. I would like to! I keep working on self evaluation troubleshooting!
  • jenbalonek
    jenbalonek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It sucks. I've started preparing because when I do it I don't even taste the food. My goal: put the bread away and make the celery, carrots, raisins, (whatever) the most accessible thing in the kitchen, the easiest to reach. Sometime's I'll put a cup with a tea bag in it to distract myself from the fridge and maybe I'll just have some decaf tea instead. I just try to give myself options when I'm entering the kitchen mindlessly. Good luck!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I usually make myself drink 16oz of water before I grab my binge food, and tell myself if I'm still hungary after drinking the water, I can have some. Normally I don't want the food after.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I'm a binge eater too and it's really hard. My advice is to log everything you eat, BE HONEST about it, and also make notes when you binge how you're feeling/what is going on so you can figure out why you are binging. If I am upset/mad about something or if I'm stressed with a lot of work from school that is when I will binge. I will usually go to my room and go on my computer and just eat. In that moment I just don't care about anything and I just want to eat to make the stress and emotions go away, but in the end it always backfires. It's super hard, but I'm working on finding better ways to manage my stress and emotions.

I don't log my food now (I am going to start real soon hopefully) but when I did there were days where I was over 6,000 calories. Yes, it was awfully humiliating to post that, but it made me realize exactly how much I was eating and that made me want to stop. I am going to start logging again because I need to tackle my binging problem.

Also don't deprive yourself of the foods you love in order to eat "clean". It's okay to have them in moderation.

Everyone has different reasons, you just got to figure out why you binge and take action according to that. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)