Just a little something that helped me.

Options
One thing that has helped me along this journey, was to write out what I knew what I was doing to NOT lose weight on a piece of paper and put it on the fridge. It went something like this...

1. Drinking soda/energy drinks/alcohol
2. Being a couch potato
3. Over eating (clearing my plate + what my kids didn't eat + snacking on leftovers)
4. Lack of water
5. Eating out of stress or anger
6. Eating too much carbs

This way when I would walk to the fridge for something, I would see this and re-think "if I drink this soda, I wont be doing my self any favors. Maybe i'll have a water instead, and do some lunges."

Thought if this helped me maybe it could help someone else too, so what would it hurt to share. :wink:

Replies

• DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I too had to learn to stop emotional eating. Unfortunately I am still working on a new way to combat stress. I've been trying to exercise when I'm stressed out but it's not always easy to drop everything and take a walk.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i think that is a great idea. It's hard to stay focused on our goals sometimes, especially when things aren't going right. Being able to have that ever present reminder on the fridge is a great way to keep yourself in check.

thank you for sharing.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.