Vascularity

Options
Is this a good thing?

My lower arms are quite veiny at the moment and I can't work out if I like it or not.

Is this down to weight lifting and lowering body fat? Or is it actually something I should be aiming for?

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Are they always veiny or just during/after workouts?
    can you just see the veins or are they properly popping out?

In general it comes from low bf% and weight lifting, yes. And most bodybuilders aim for it.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stewie-Vascular-.jpg
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh, I find veins so sexy! especially on a man.
    I think they have to do with genetics mostly, plus low body fat and weight training.
    Even me I get a little vein or two or three , mostly on my forearms , and even lower abs, when I work out hard. And I am so proud of them!
    But then, I've seen photos of Angelina Jolie's very veiny arms. She is not athletic but she is very skinny. And I don't think hers are sexy, even though she's beautiful. But hers just look anorexic.
    So , my conclusion: veins: desirable, especially for me. most likely result from genetics plus low bodyfat plus exercise.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    It's a good aesthetic thing in the body building community. It mostly comes down to lower bf% plus some genetic good luck of you are aiming for it. A great deal of people try to take NO supplements to try to enhance it.

As for you in particular, who knows, learn to love it I guess either way because they are there and not gonna go anywhere unless you add some body fat in that particular area.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is this a good thing?

My lower arms are quite veiny at the moment and I can't work out if I like it or not.

Is this down to weight lifting and lowering body fat? Or is it actually something I should be aiming for?

If it were me, I would add more chocolate to my diet or something, but yes, for others, it's actually a goal to be able to see veins through the skin. It's your body. Do what makes you happy.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing. And, when you go to donate blood, you don't get bruised by the needle so much, and you're only on the table for about 2 minutes.