I have Stoped losing need help

Options
Well I Think it has happen!, for the past 5 days My scale says I am the same weight or have gain 1-2 pounds, and I am still eating at -1,000 from my BMR and I have up my walking from 30mins to 50 mins a day, I can not run yet or do the weight lifting until my arm mussel heals from the past time. so what do I do now? I am 314.2 the scale says, but wanted to be 303 by jan 9th as I am performing on the cruise ships and doing a TV show in South America , and wanted to get down to 303 by then,

what am I doing wrong? Everyone said for a 300 pound person they would lose more weight before they hit a plateau I am so upset!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    5 days? Give it more time.
    Rather measure and take progress pics, the scale is a liar!

It took my scale 6 weeks to register a 2.5kg weight drop. twice in the last 3 months!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Patience. If it hasn't moved in a few weeks then come back
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i really hope you mean you eat 1000 cals less than your TDEE not BMR?
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Well I Think it has happen!, for the past 5 days My scale says I am the same weight or have gain 1-2 pounds, and I am still eating at -1,000 from my BMR and I have up my walking from 30mins to 50 mins a day, I can not run yet or do the weight lifting until my arm mussel heals from the past time. so what do I do now? I am 314.2 the scale says, but wanted to be 303 by jan 9th as I am performing on the cruise ships and doing a TV show in South America , and wanted to get down to 303 by then,

what am I doing wrong? Everyone said for a 300 pound person they would lose more weight before they hit a plateau I am so upset!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you eating at -1000 of your BMR? Like, the number of calories your body needs at least to survive? That does not seem healthy.
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    i really hope you mean you eat 1000 cals less than your TDEE not BMR?

We posted together, that's what I'm hoping too.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose as well, and it can be very frustrated not to see a downward trend on the scale. For me, I haven't lost anything in 7-8 weeks...and recently, overnight, gained 5 pounds! But I took my measurements and in 2 weeks I lost 2 inches on my waist and 1.5 on my thighs. I've gotten smaller despite what the scale says.
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose as well, and it can be very frustrated not to see a downward trend on the scale. For me, I haven't lost anything in 7-8 weeks...and recently, overnight, gained 5 pounds! But I took my measurements and in 2 weeks I lost 2 inches on my waist and 1.5 on my thighs. I've gotten smaller despite what the scale says.

5 pounds in a night is temporary. Most usually a combo of a big meal, salty food, water weight or something.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A quick glance at your diary tells me you haven't been logging, so how do you know how many calories you are actually consuming? That is most likely your problem. It is so easy to consume more calories than what we think we're consuming. Try logging everything you eat, along with your exercise. Preferably, weigh everything you're eating, so the accuracy of your intake is more precise. Try to avoid processed foods; they're very high in sodium, and will make you retain more water. Good luck.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: How tall, how old, what's your gender, what's your TDEE what's your BMR?
  • helpme8319
    Options
    Tjanks I have been loging with a program on my computer called Food tracker, and it adds up the real calories from foods in the usa databease and is more on than the MFP as I would put in oatmeal and MFP would say one pack is 160cals when the boxes was 130 cals.

I still eat 1,400 a day and I have stared loseing again.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You may have added some muscle. Take your measurements as this is where you may see the difference. Also, stop weighing yourself every day! I get on the scale once a week only. Your daily weight will fluctuate too much and cause you to think you gained. Do not eat or do the same thing every day. Your calories should fluctuate within a range from day to day (say a 100 difference). This tricks your metabolism into burning off more. Do the same thing with your workouts. Try something new or mix up the workout.
    I hope this helps, let me know how it goes.