20 pounds lighter (my own success stories) pictures update

mel4bee
mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
Weight-wise, I've always been in my healthy range. (from 20 to 23 bmi) However I was not fit, I was not satisfied with my body, I was not eating healthy (a lot of processed food) and I was pretty sedentary. I was living a lot of bad anxiety (I have generalized anxiety disorder, agoraphobia and had 2 depressions and I'm 21 years old)

I was one of too many who always said that I'll get in shape later, in a week, in a month....

I don't know what got to me, I don't know why I decided that I wanted to do a lifestyle change... Oddly enough, I think it was after seeing Miley Cyrus's weight loss and Pilates abs that I decided that I wanted to lose weight and be the person I've always wanted to be.

So, I made a google search on weight loss and found out about BMR, TDEE and most importantly, about myfitnesspal.com

I know it is kinda silly but I started with jogging in place while listening to TV. I had a bit of agoraphobia and social anxiety about going to run outside so I stayed inside. I started at 125 pounds and 5'3'' and lost about 2 pounds doing that without counting calories.

Then I started to count calories. At first, I was not eating enough, underestimating my burn, did not have an HRM, eating 1200 calories a day. LOL silly me.

I started doing Jillian Micheal's DVDs

The more I learned on MFP, the more I adjusted my intake. I finally bought an HRM.

I started doing other workout dvds, Jessica Smith's DVDs, Fitnessblender, new rules of lifting for women, wii games, a lot of long walks outside too....

I started in August at 125. I am now 105 pounds. I feel stronger, healthier and fitter than ever. My measurement have changed from 34-27-37 with 22 inches thighs. My measurements are now 32-24-34 with 18.8 inches thighs. I now wear a size 0-2. When I started, a size 4 was tight. I look at myself in the mirror and I feel sexy and beautiful. I have a new found confidence, a new internal strength. I know I can achieve anything. I eat a lot better. A lot of lean meat, fish, veggies, fruits, yogurt, whole grains with my treats like cheese and chocolate!

I sleep better, I have more energy, my anxiety is now well under control, I have more endurance, I am toned and fit!

I plan on keep logging and stay the same weight. I won't change my routine. It's now a habit and a passion. Love fitness!

As for the pictures, the first ones were from maybe 2 weeks after I started and the after ones are from yesterday (20 pounds lighter and a lot of inches down)

BEFORE (5'3 and maybe 124 pounds)
e94c21c2-a076-4a23-9932-880775b7fc94.jpg

AFTER (5'3 and 104.5 pounds)

d87e69d7-7296-4fa5-978e-5377eb2a6daf.jpg

b149ac09-6a1a-43e5-8922-707f4e23d6ee.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!