Tell Me!, What is your Mantra?

Options
2»

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Not really a mantra for avoiding eating badly

But two quotes I read on MFP that I really liked (and are probably paraphrased)

"Sweat is just liquid Awesome"

"Dedication is the choice between what you want now and what you want later"
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Is this healthy? Will this improve my health?

I want to be around to see all my babies grow up and get married and have babies of their own. I lost my mom when I was 17 and I don't want my kids to go through that.
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How much time in the gym will it take to make up for this decision
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    "Are you hungrier for that junk food than that bikini body?" I'll admit, sometimes the junk food wins, but I always make sure that it fits into my calories. I don't want to deny myself something, but I also don't want to go overboard since it's really easy for me to slip back into hold habits. It's getting much much easier though. Even though I'm doing this for mostly health, I'll admit that part of it is vanity. So that really helps me to pause for a moment and figure out where my head is at and if there's another solution. I have other quotes or mantras that I use too that apply to other parts of my health and fitness goals (a lot of them actually, that I post on the fridge, pantry, and near my computer where I do my workouts), but specifically for junk food, this one works.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    "You can't out exercise a bad diet!"