Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t treat alcohol any differently than anything else you consume. It has x amount of calories, carbs, sugar, etc., just account for it!

I think that alcohol is primarily hazardous to your diet because of the bad dietary choices you make while drinking, not necessarily the drink itself (at least in my case). When I’m doing a significant amount of drinking and get hungry, I’m generally going with cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, fries, etc., rather than the grilled chicken breast, salads, rice or vegetables.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner. ....... enjoy moderate alcohol consumption?
    I'm not sure that daily use is considered moderate.

"There is agreement in the scientific community about what defines "moderate drinking." It's no more than 3-4 standard drinks per drinking episode, no more than 9 drinks per week for women and 12-14 for men. Also, moderate drinking means limiting how fast you drink and, as a result, keeping your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below .055 (.08 is the DWI limit in all states in the U.S.). This definition of moderate drinking prevents you from getting drunk. Moderate drinkers don't drink to get drunk. "

Drinking daily is within the moderate drinking range.
  • DJ135
    DJ135 Posts: 6
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner. ....... enjoy moderate alcohol consumption?

"There is agreement in the scientific community about what defines "moderate drinking." It's no more than 3-4 standard drinks per drinking episode, no more than 9 drinks per week for women and 12-14 for men. Also, moderate drinking means limiting how fast you drink and, as a result, keeping your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below .055 (.08 is the DWI limit in all states in the U.S.). This definition of moderate drinking prevents you from getting drunk. Moderate drinkers don't drink to get drunk. "

Drinking daily is within the moderate drinking range.

Thank you. I agree that having ONE glass of wine with my dinner is moderate.
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think a single glass of wine a day has been recommended by the medical profession in the not too distant past. It seems moderate to me.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Yes. I drink 1 glass of wine with dinner on non-lifting days. I've read and heard that alcohol really slows down the healing/recovery process...and truly it makes me a lot more tired the next day if I drink on a lifting day.

So, I drink probably 3 glasses of wine each week and I'm still losing. Anything in moderation.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just try to take away my vodka...I DARE you...
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I drink when I want to, I just fit it into my calories. I drank during my weight loss, and I drink now in maintenance.
  • jackwrobel1
    Options
    friday and saturday I drink anywhere from 4 to 8 beers. I just do cardio at the gym before i drink. I keep it simple.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I am not currently drinking because I am trying to get pregnant, but up until 2 weeks ago, I was drinking a few times a week (and almost daily on some weeks) and still losing weight. You just have to account for the calories and make sure to stay hydrated to keep it from messing with any phantom water weight.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Depending on culture/locale, one glass of wine per day is on the light side. It shouldn't really matter what an arbitrary guideline says is moderate or not imo, as long as it fits your goals.