Which one should I choose?

Options
I was just wondering which workout videos you guys like. I was doing Insanity, but it was giving me some knee problems--so I think it's a little much for me now. I was reading about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, but I've heard it's quite repetitive. Thank you!

Replies

• JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I personally like Les Mills COMBAT. I've done Insanity, but I really don't like the sporty training feel of it and 30 Day Shred well I just can't do the exact same thing 10 days in a row. It was challenging don't get me wrong but it was boring at the same time.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at Beachbody products I've had great results with P90X and Chalean Extreme. Jillian Michaels has good reviews (haven't tried it myself) but I wouldn't be able to do the same workout everyday, boooooring!!
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the 30DS. To beat the repetition, I started each level by watching the video, focusing on form and learning the circuits. Then for the other 8 or so days (per level), I put the video in the background (on my iPad) while I watched a TV show.
  • SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options
    I was just wondering which workout videos you guys like. I was doing Insanity, but it was giving me some knee problems--so I think it's a little much for me now. I was reading about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, but I've heard it's quite repetitive. Thank you!

I've never tried Insanity but have heard from a friend that doing insanity with bare feet as opposed to with runners on is much easier on the knees. I guess it bothered their knees as well but that pain went away once doing it barefoot. Like I said though, never tried it but it's worth a try if it works. Hope this little bit of advice helps some :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Workout videos used to be my main workout for years. I liked listening to music or wataching movies while on my recumbant bike; that's easier on the knees.

As far as other exercise, I liked Turbo Jam and bought it when it was new - the entire set at that time. I also got a lot of dvds and vhs tapes from the library and Blockbuster, and bought the ones I liked the best - Billy Blanks, Karen Voight, Kari Anderson, and even Cindy Crawford. I also liked The Firm's videos.

It's great to keep a library at home of workouts that you like - some to do when you're short on time, some to do when you're tired. Others when you have more time/energy, etc.

Look on ebay too !