Frustrated

Options
I've lost 80lbs over nearly 3 years and I have just 20 to go but at this point I am just so frustrated and am looking for advice.
I eat between 1200-1600 calories a day and I joined a gym 4 months ago, before that I cycled and played badminton.
I now go to the gym 5-6 days a week ( 60mins cardio + 40mins strength and weights) but I am just not losing weight anymore.
The scale hasn't moved for months and I started measuring myself but there was no loss there either.

I feel like I am eating enough and work out a lot!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What's your diary look like?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary will be a big help in giving advice to you.

Do you weigh all of your food?
    Do you eat back exercise calories?
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You could try laying off working out vigorously for a few days. Eat your maintained calories, not deficit for a few days. Then go hard again.

I have done that longer than a few days before and it is like my body kind of started over. I dropped the weight after the calorie deficit and gym routine was put back in place.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated, also. I JUST changed my settings to what I'd eat if I were already at goal weight. So that gives me 2100 calories/day. I am going to try this in hopes of not being too hungry and allowing myself a treat here and there so I don't end up bingeing the few times a months I seem to be doing now. I don't know if this will work for me, but going to try it for a few months. I do also go to the gym 2-4x/week depending upon how often I play tennis. It could be that you're body is used to what you're doing at this point or is just resetting itself after losing 80 lbs??? Try to eat a little more to see what happens. I hate to say it, but it is a guessing game until we see results. Unfortunately I STILL don't know what works for me because I can't seem to stick to anything long enough to see results!!! :ohwell:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Seems a little excessive on the exercise. Why not do full-body strength training 3 days/week and do 20-30 minutes of cardio on your non-lifting days?
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think my diary should be visible now.
    I weigh/measure about 70% of my food which I make myself, the rest is a guess when I don't eat at home.