Weight Loss Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough, you are starving your body if you have a light snack for dinner.

bingo! what she said.
    your metabolism went down.
    eat anything as long as it fits your macros/calories via MFP
    eat those good carbs and good fats so your metabolism kicks in again
    on workout days - eat more
    on rest days - eat less
    on cheat days - enjoy to eat more but dont binge
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Also, wanted to mention, the body burns carbs before fats, and proteins. So if you are eating a large quantity of simple carbs, your body will burn those first during exercise, then move on to the fat only when it runs out of carbs to burn. So no, carbs aren't "bad" if you don't eat a lot of simple carbs. But if you are trying to lose fat, it is going to be a lot harder to do so while also eating a lot of simple carbs.

exactly!
    i should just shut up.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Pretty much in line with what everyone is saying here... maybe get your way up to maintenance... don't worry about the weight... but really try to concentrate on replacing fat with muscle.... lift.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are making things way more difficult on yourself then you need to.... It really doesn't sound like you are eating enough, but without seeing your actual diary and calorie goals vs actual intake nobody here can tell for sure.

I will say, go to this link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Sarah and SideSteel really put things out there, and are available to help.

Best of luck to you. :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough, you are starving your body if you have a light snack for dinner.

Did I miss something? Did OP make her diary public?

:noway:
    no but she said she eats vegetables, or a light meal for dinner, and gave us a breakdown of what she usually eats.
    Based on what she told us, she's not eating nearly enough, so of course she's at a plateau. Her body is starving for food.

It is physically impossible to not lose weight at a calorie deficit PERIOD. If she is plateauing, she does not have a deficit going. That is why I asked how she is measuring her food.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Also, wanted to mention, the body burns carbs before fats, and proteins. So if you are eating a large quantity of simple carbs, your body will burn those first during exercise, then move on to the fat only when it runs out of carbs to burn. So no, carbs aren't "bad" if you don't eat a lot of simple carbs. But if you are trying to lose fat, it is going to be a lot harder to do so while also eating a lot of simple carbs.

exactly!
    i should just shut up.

She should be hitting her macros to lose weight, not worrying about eating 'too many carbs'. Too many carbs relative to what? We don't know, because her diary is not posted.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

exactly!
    i should just shut up.

She should be hitting her macros to lose weight, not worrying about eating 'too many carbs'. Too many carbs relative to what? We don't know, because her diary is not posted.

Exactly.. you can lose fat while eating lots of carbs.. I average 250-300 and it doesn't prevent my fat loss.