LOOKING FOR EAST COAST CANADIANS

Options
Hello there,

Since I'm an infrequent facebooker, I'd like to connect here on MFP with some fellow East Coast Canadians.

I'm from - and now living in - Newfoundland. I'd love to "friend" you as we have fun logging all our different types of food...

Ex: Moose, toutons, tea buns and turnip greens, LOL that's just off the top of my head.

Of course, I'm also wanting to support you on your WLJ...that is, no logging of tea buns and toutons, LOL.

I hope I get a good response, and if you like my post in general and you are serious about getting healthy, add me!

Replies

• pdunville
    pdunville Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello from Minto, New Brunswick! I've been looking for East Coasters as well, so please add me :)
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Newfoundland but now living in the US. Friend request me if you want and we can support each other thru this journey.

On a side note I did have some homemade bread for breakfast today that my newfie mom made for me :)
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    East coast/maritimes here
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    <--- Halifax
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you live on the East Coast of Canada, we make fun of all of you for no reason!

Well a few I can think aboot
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    New Brunswick here! Proud Acadian and East Coaster.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm from Halifax. :)
  • april1445
    Options
    My mom's an expat, so I've been to NL several times--even made a disastrous attempt at toutons! Feel free to add me.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Halifax here - feel free to add.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Grand Bank, NL
    feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you live on the East Coast of Canada, we make fun of all of you for no reason!

Well a few I can think aboot

So then where are you from so I can make fun of you? :tongue:
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I've got you all :)

I've lived in Toronto and Halifax as well...and a little place called Milton, in Ontario..I think I was "away" for a bout 10 years or so.

We moved back home for various reasons: school, raising kids, and its soooooo much easier to buy a house here.

I was skinny for 33 years...the last 4 years have been a crazy struggle. But that's all a part of the aging process.. I enjoy MFP because not only does it help me be accountable, I get to interact with people from all over NA.
  • jodycoady
    Options
    I am originally from Newfoundland but now living in the US. Friend request me if you want and we can support each other thru this journey.

On a side note I did have some homemade bread for breakfast today that my newfie mom made for me :)

did she save some dough for toutons??
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I`m not from the Maritimes, but rather a Montrealer, my husband and I have had many debates about leaving our beautiful city for the maritimes due to provincial politics but work is always the issue.
    I`ve never had moose or toutons, but we do have our own foods here too such as the famous poutines and cretons!
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    St. John's, NL here. I have been off and on MFP for a few years now.