Real support. Not just a number on a friend's list.

Options
2»

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    i am like you and many people just don't comment or respond, if you need mutual support you can add me if you wish. Your baby is gorgeous
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How about taking a good long and honest look in the mirror, dig deep and accept responsibility for your own health and fitness? Then, find a calorie count and exercise regime that you can stick to for the long term, and then slowly add friends who you find in the forums that share a similar philosophy and lifestyle.

Or you can randomly add people and demand that they be more supportive. I guess whatever works for you.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ETA: I got nothing miss read title.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    How about taking a good long and honest look in the mirror, dig deep and accept responsibility for your own health and fitness? Then, find a calorie count and exercise regime that you can stick to for the long term, and then slowly add friends who you find in the forums that share a similar philosophy and lifestyle.

Or you can randomly add people and demand that they be more supportive. I guess whatever works for you.

MjAxMy00Y2RhM2RlNmRiZTczZjJj.png
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mrmfvbyjhX1sa6uifo1_500.gif
  • Cindyd413
    Options
    I am looking for some support too - I have had the same thing happen on other forums!
    I am trying to get through the holidays and then hitting it hard the first of the year.
    My HRA came back showing me quite a bit up from last year and my visit with our company nurse had us decide I should shoot for 10 lbs......and on me, that's alot!

I would love to buddy up with some folks on this!
  • shafstar
    Options
    I am trying to get through the holidays and then hitting it hard the first of the year.

You see this is where we've all failed in the past. Don't put it off just because of Christmas or the New Year.... Do it now or do it when you're mentally ready.

Having a date in mind is not a mental goal it's more of a mental burden.

In my case I never maintained a smoke free/weight loss goal from a new year's resolution, in actual fact I gave up smoking when I started to excess and felt sick. Again with weight loss I started to get into shape when I got fed up of under performing at my work and simple tasks became like mountains to climb.

2 years smoke free
    Nearly 3 months on my diet/exercise routine - 25kgs burnt.
  • Cindyd413
    Options

You see this is where we've all failed in the past. Don't put it off just because of Christmas or the New Year.... Do it now or do it when you're mentally ready.

I guess I should have mentioned that I would like to maintain through the next couple of weeks.
    I know for myself and I would think alot of other folks, this is a hard time of year to "diet" or be stricter with your diet. This isn't new for me, I just am looking for support to do this, instead of doing it all alone.
  • shafstar
    Options
    I guess I should have mentioned that I would like to maintain through the next couple of weeks.
    I know for myself and I would think alot of other folks, this is a hard time of year to "diet" or be stricter with your diet. This isn't new for me, I just am looking for support to do this, instead of doing it all alone.

I totally understand and judging by what others have written here and on other forums ... enjoy yourself

For myself I'm keeping it strict, Christmas or not.... Apparently my wife is cooking 6 roast chickens and 2 turkeys for Christmas day - I'm having none of that crap. It's so easy to put on weight .... so difficult to lose it :o
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    my wife is cooking 6 roast chickens and 2 turkeys for Christmas day - I'm having none of that crap.

chrissy.gif.pagespeed.ce.Kb7o0GhJ4m.gif
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

I totally understand and judging by what others have written here and on other forums ... enjoy yourself

For myself I'm keeping it strict, Christmas or not.... Apparently my wife is cooking 6 roast chickens and 2 turkeys for Christmas day - I'm having none of that crap. It's so easy to put on weight .... so difficult to lose it :o

Sounds like your wife is doing you a favor there. What a great protein source. Add veggies n and sweet potatoes and you've got an awesomely balanced healthy meal......enjoy!!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm here and I'm in! I consider myself a supportive friend and like having the support as well. Been here for a bit , had a bit of a walk about and working back at it. Some folks aren't around much any more or all - kinda disappointing but it happens!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    my wife is cooking 6 roast chickens and 2 turkeys for Christmas day - I'm having none of that crap.

chrissy.gif.pagespeed.ce.Kb7o0GhJ4m.gif

What a mean woman.

Off to eat some fresh baked cookies and brownies prepared by my own terribly mean wife . . .
  • jillr527
    jillr527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me, too. I am a SAHM, and I log in regularly and comment. It's hard to be around food all day. :)
  • shafstar
    Options
    Off to eat some fresh baked cookies and brownies prepared by my own terribly mean wife . . .

Oh man ... I sympathise with you.... Fortunately my wife's bakery skills have plummeted lately.... At one point she was getting heavily into 'sugar craft' and needless to say I was the guinea pig :o
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options

I like the first suggestion!! Thx :drinker: