just starting

Options
I'm a 42 year old male who had a rather startling realization about my weight this summer. I got on the scale and saw that I was 278lbs. This is the heaviest I had ever been and I realized it was time to do something. I began to do research and decided not to go with a "program" but instead cut my calories, eat healthy food and excercise. I began all this about 5 weeks ago and have lost nearly 20lbs. My wife and I are doing this together and she found the myfitness site a few days ago. It looks great and I think the tools offered here will help us greatly. Nice to meet you all!!!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your success so far. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    Hello =) I love this site so much and think u will too! there are so many supportive people on here. If you or your wife ever need any advice there is always someone here willing to give it to you and help you along. Good luck on your journey!!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome. i like this place. it helps to be around people who have the same goals.
  • kiki17
    kiki17 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome to yu and your wife! Congrats on the weight loss to date. Keep going....! :O) Kiki