help cold lunches????

Options
hi i work alot and i cant stand food that you heat up so im looking for good lunch and diner ideas that will help my weightloss. im not a fish fan and ill only eat chicken breast so please anyone ? help i need to stop this on going diet of just toast!

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What about salads? Today I took to work a salad along with my left over ribeye from Texas Roadhouse and cut it up and put it in the salad. Then I brought a yogurt too. Yum!

Also, since this lifestyle change I find that peanut butter is a great help. I have PB&J sandwiches are great too!
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SALAD:smile:

I make mine w/ cukes, tomatoes walnuts(measured),tofu(makes my body thinks its cheese),and measured low cal salad dressing:heart:
  • werthme
    werthme Posts: 1
    Options
    buy oven roasted chicken sliced deli meat, its usually only 50 cal for 3 slices. Make roll-ups out of them plain or with a piece of cheese if you want a lo-carb meal or make a sandwich on whole grain bread, But if you make a sandwich make sure not to use fattening dressings; honey mustard tends to not be too bad. Good Luck!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I agree with Amber... I pack my husband's lunches everyday. Since he has no way of heating anything up, i pack him salads with chicken breast slices, tuna fish sandwiches (with the bread separate, so no sogginess!), or PB&J sandwiches.
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    yogurt and muesli used to be my favourite
    fruit salad with yogurt

as for salads... some of my favourite ones (thanks for reminding me!)
    -chicken salad
    - salad with rice, sweetcorn etc
    - egg salad

another idea is try changing the bread and the fillings of the sandwiches every day so you have more variety :)

hope this helps!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Wraps! You can change up the vegetables everyday, change up the sauce, hummus one day then maybe mayo/mustard the next.

Sandwiches - same deal with the wraps...

Pasta salad.. just make some up the night before so you can just pack it and go for the next day.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Refried Beans (fat free) with tomatoes, lettuce on a wheat tortilla wrap
    Hard Boiled egg whites with light mayo on a wrap or 100 calorie Arnolds Sandwich thin
    Peanut Butter (reduced fat) with thinly sliced green apples or bananas on a wrap, wasa or sandwich thin