Anybody use The Firm workouts??

Options
I do. I love The Firm. I have 3 different programs of thiers. I'm thinking of buying a new one for something new in The New Year.

But for about the same price, I can order T25 or even P90X3. I have never tried a Beachbody program before. I have always stuck with The Firm because it's what I know and like.

Has anyone done both and can offer insight?

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I started doing The Firm and while I liked it, I found I couldn't do it because of my knees. There were so many plia's....not sure how to spell that (sounds like plea-aise) and bouncing that I ended up locking my knee and quit. I played lots of sports in high school and my joints now feel it.

Anyway, I just started T25 Focus last Monday and I love it. There is some bouncing, but there is a modifier there if you don't want that impact on the knees. My knees have not bothered me at all so far and I did my 7th workout today.

*I am not a fitness coach or affiliated with anything. Just a 31 year old trying to get her shape back. :)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options

*I am not a fitness coach or affiliated with anything. Just a 31 year old trying to get her shape back. :)

Thank you. I was afraid that I was going to get bombarded with Beachbody coaches pushing beachbody products.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I started with the Firm WAYYYYY back. As in like the very first one with Susan Harris, leotards and leg warmers LOL! :) I had ALL of them up through "the Transfirmer" (although that might be what they're calling the Firm Box now). I still have most of them (some VHS, some DVD)....but I've moved on to mostly just Beachbody programs now...I started with Turbo Jam in 2006 and pretty much haven't looked back.

While the Firm was great to introduce me to fitness, Beachbody has much more variety and possible advancement in their workout selection. The Firm workouts were all pretty much the same....and with the pace of the workouts, there was really no way to safely increase the weight you were using without risking injury (moves are too fast)....but BB programs have loads of variety from heavy weight lifting to kickboxing to HIIT to dancey type workouts. :)

Also, the Firm has gotten to be all about gadgets (that you HAVE to have to do the workouts - ie fancy steps or balls that are only used with their programs)...but most of the BB programs use only weights or bands (and you can do all without anything).

ETA - if you're interested in some of the older Firms, I'd be happy to make you a great deal! :)