Fitness tools - Treadmills, Ellipticals etc..

Options
Hello world of MFP, long time no write at haha.

Today's question goes out to all those "Pro's" out there. You know, the ones who have been at this a long time, tried new things (and new machines) and shopped around. You may possibly be a trainer, someone who sells these pieces of equipment or have learned from personal experience!

Regardless, whoever you may be, my question(s) are as follow:

Which burns the most calories: Treadmills, Ellipticals or stationary bikes. Which would you suggest?

I'm currently looking more towards a treadmill myself so what should i be looking for IN my treadmill exactly? I want to get the best bang for my buck! I just don't know anything about these machines except that you run on them! So pro's needed! I've been shopping around but i just don't get what most of them are talking about and why in the world the prices seem to go from $100- $2 000.

Also, I'm not too worried about price, again it's more bang for my buck. Something that'll last and do it's job without being overly expensive (especially if, say, i could have gotten the exact same treadmill for a much cheaper price!)

I want to have sort of a at home gym eventually because i do not have a car and no gyms are convenient enough to fit into my schedule (I'd have an extra hour or so of busing I'd have to try and fit in to ye ol schedule, which at the moment is not a possibility.) I also imagine it to be very nice to just wake up on those cold winter mornings and go for a jog in your own house!! haha. Let me know everyone :) I'll be browsing around still trying to learn more in the meantime haha.

Replies