what do I have to do to get a six pack? Im so confused :(

I am a 5' 8" female and I currently weigh about 123 lbs. I understand I am a little underweight. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get rid of the little pooch I have. I have a little bit of ab definition above my belly button. Obviously I don't need to lose any weight. I've been doing jillian micheals banish fat boost metabolism everyday along with her killer abs video. I think I have been doing too much cardio. If I start her ripped in 30 video about four days a week and then the other two days do the banish fat boost metabolism and killer abs videos, would I gain the muscle I need to get the flat tummy while toning? Also, how many calories should I eat per day? Oh and my body fat is currently 19%. I've reached my weight loss goal im just not sure what to do next to get the flat toned tummy. Any advice is appreciated :)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    compound lifts..learn them, do them, own them…

eat in a deficit + compound lifts

/end thread
  • jess_s37
    jess_s37 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not a fitness expert or anything, but from what I understand it is entirely possible that you may be burning off any muscle you gain by doing too much cardio. If I were you I would try to increase the muscle-building exercise, decrease some of the cardio, and make sure that your diet has more lean protein (to enable muscle development).

Also, I believe you're right on the under-weight front - hopefully these changes get you the results you want so you end up gaining a few pounds (of muscle).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member

eat in a deficit + compound lifts

Should she really be eating in a deficit when she's already underweight and sitting at 19% BF?

Serious question, as I have exactly the same issue -- except I'm slightly taller, weigh less, and have never been overweight. Hell, I've never even been normal weight for my height.
  • FeliciaCM
    FeliciaCM Posts: 12 Member
    you need to have ridiculously low body fat
  • Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.