Crock pot scalloped potatoes any ideas?

Options
ndwildbill
ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
Looking for a good crock pot recipe for scalloped potatoes for Christmas dinner?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    How many people?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I read one this morning actually but it's not low fat. It has cream, leeks, packet of chicken noodle soup and other things. Let me know if it sounds like something you are interested in.
  • ndwildbill
    Options
    Expecting 7 or 8.
  • ndwildbill
    Options
    Wonder if it could be modified to reduce calories?
  • acogg
    Options
    For seven or eight I would open two boxes of Betty Crocker, follow the recipe and grate in some (at least one cup) extra sharp cheddar with a good sprinkle of dried onion and granulated garlic. A generous mixing of crisp bacon would make it awesome! Do not use premade/fake bacon. Fry up at least two or three pieces. Mix it all up. Slow cook for awhile and the dried bits will be good as new. Yum, I am making myself hungry!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'd like some good recipes too.
  • acogg
    Options
    Wonder if it could be modified to reduce calories?
    No! You either want it good or healthy. A typical portion is only a half cup. about 150 calories, the rest of their choices of the day are theirs. You are not responsible for the next 365 days. Nor are you responsible for the last 365 days.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    OP I think maybe it would have been better to ask for a LOW CALORIE scalloped potato dish. Good luck. Don't think it will be amazing though and worthy of serving Christmas day.
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    I have made some using coconut milk and brown rice flower and using nutritional yeast to give somewhat of a cheesy flavor. Baked it in oven. Haven't in sometime but if interested I can look up the measurements for ratios. You could always make more in crockpot if you wanted I'm sure. Just message me if you do so I don't "ignore"you.