Confusing Calculators and Ranges

Options
I've been trying to figure out exactly what is the best calculator to determine where I'm at. BMI, BFP, Hip to Waist, Waist to Height, Weight and body frame etc. I know there are dozens of calculators out there and I've hit a lot of them and I've gotten such conflicting results.

Most say I'm normal, some say I'm under and others say I'm at risk for disease or something? I'm all confused and it's freaking me out.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Read the links on page 1 of the thread that sparked this one.......
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I use BMI, Hip-Waist Ratio, and Waist-Height Ratio. I think it's ideal to be within a normal range of all of those. Studies have shown that the ratios are more effective at determining health risks than BMI, although I know there's only a limited amount you can do to change your hip-waist ratio, since your body shape can't really be changed. I guess waist-to-height would be a good rule to go by, but if your BMI is pretty low, you can't make it come off your waist. If you're getting conflicting answers, maybe get your body fat percentage measured by a professional or speak to your doctor about your risk.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What - specifically - are you trying to achieve?