om freaking g, i did it!

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
and I wanted to say thankyou :)

Today is day 355 'properly' on MFP (started a few days before that but took a few days to work it all out).

I had a goal to lose 25 kg, hit that, and pushed it out to 30. I'm 175cm tall so at my current (goal!) weight of 75 kg I'm bang in healthy range for everything.

I'm thinner, fitter, and happier. I get more out of life. I feel like I could be seen as attractive. I love how I feel now :)

I have hypothyroid disorder, a latent eating disorder (run ins with self-starvation), a stressful, busy job, and injuries to legs, shoulder and spine which all should technically have been an hinderance but I didn't let them be.

I had my moments for sure with motivation and getting entirely pissed off at it 'not working' when I should have just had faith, but I didn't fall off the wagon, and here I am.

This place has done this for me. The stories, the support, hell even the assh*les have all made me believe that I could have this. And now that I do, there is no going back. Ever.

Thanks to everyone who was part of this and best wishes to everyone who is still on the path. If I can do it, anyone can. I'm still going to log for a few months but I'm 'stepping down the campaign' as it were to focus my energies on other parts of my life ;)

Replies

• SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Even though I haven't been around during your whole weight loss journey you have been a huge inspiration to me. The battles you''ve been up against just proves to me that it can be done no matter what. Even the amount of weight you had to lose is pretty much spot on what I need to achieve. You should be super proud of yourself, your one tough chick ;-)
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I'm so happy for you! I feel like MFP has changed my life, too.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Even though I haven't been around during your whole weight loss journey you have been a huge inspiration to me. The battles you''ve been up against just proves to me that it can be done no matter what. Even the amount of weight you had to lose is pretty much spot on what I need to achieve. You should be super proud of yourself, your one tough chick ;-)

thanks! dunno about inspiration but stubborn for sure :p
  • trudijoy
    Options

I feel like 'why did no one tell me this ten years ago' sometimes, so I share it with as many ppl as poss
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Congratulations, that's around my goal weight too. WELL DONE!!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Well done but it would be nice to see some photos if you have some.
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good on you, must be a great feeling to hit those numbers that you hoped for back at the start. Enjoy!!! you so deserve it.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    That is wonderful! Well done but it would be nice to see some photos if you have some.

Lol do you not believe me or something? Plenty of pics on profile
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    But it isn't viewable except to friends? Pretty sure I believe you, but you know what they say about the worth of a picture.... :)
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing this!! I sure needed to read it today. And congratulations to you -- well done!
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Hopefully I will have a great success sotry like yours. Good luck in however you choose to maintain your weight after MFP :)
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Bet you are walking on air right now!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations on not letting anything hold you back.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So, so happy for you!! It is hard enough for people who don't have health issues. So the fact that you did it against the odds is really great. Congrats!!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    congrats :-)
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options

I feel like 'why did no one tell me this ten years ago' sometimes, so I share it with as many ppl as poss

^^^^ SO TRUE. Why did I not realize this was around like 6 years ago!? Would have been so much better for my health!! Congrats on the achievement :) I tell people allll the time about MFP!! The community is AWESOME!
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!