Unexpected NSV today!

Options
When I had restarted this journey, I had taken some mirror pictures for my "befores" in order to track progress. I was so embarrassed about having gained so much weight over my 3 months of travel that I didn't even have my husband take them for me, so I did not have a "before" of my backside (back, arms, legs, butt). I've been exercising and strength training for a couple months now, just starting to get into lifting heavy, and finally asked my husband to take a picture of the back of my body so that I could track my progress in the future.

When he handed me back the camera, I literally said "shut the **** up". I HAVE MUSCLE IN MY BACK. After not seeing a picture of myself that I've been happy with in a long time, I was just so ecstatic and surprised by how different my back and arms look from strength training. They look better than they did when I was 8 lbs slimmer! The cellulite on my thighs is a different story, but I'm just over the moon about my upper body right now.

Lift heavy guys, it seriously works wonders!

Replies

• ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I had restarted this journey, I had taken some mirror pictures for my "befores" in order to track progress. I was so embarrassed about having gained so much weight over my 3 months of travel that I didn't even have my husband take them for me, so I did not have a "before" of my backside (back, arms, legs, butt). I've been exercising and strength training for a couple months now, just starting to get into lifting heavy, and finally asked my husband to take a picture of the back of my body so that I could track my progress in the future.

When he handed me back the camera, I literally said "shut the **** up". I HAVE MUSCLE IN MY BACK. After not seeing a picture of myself that I've been happy with in a long time, I was just so ecstatic and surprised by how different my back and arms look from strength training. They look better than they did when I was 8 lbs slimmer! The cellulite on my thighs is a different story, but I'm just over the moon about my upper body right now.

I started heavy lifting a month ago.

I've slowly been gaining weight which is worrying the hell out of me, but I know that I shouldn't be as it's either muscle growth and/or initial water retention!!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I've slowly been gaining weight which is worrying the hell out of me, but I know that I shouldn't be as it's either muscle growth and/or initial water retention!!

Have you been able to measure your body fat percentage? I've heard that is a great way to track your progress while you're lifting. I have to find a place out here that can do a measurement for me, because seeing the scale moving slowly is a little frustrating, though I can tell that my body is changing for the better.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have tried the measuring tape method and the calliper method. Both give very different results. So I'm obviously doing one wrong and don't know which number to trust :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! The number on the scale isn't always reliable but a picture is worth a thousand words.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Keep lifting heavy brother.
    Just track things over 3 to 4 weeks, and see how things look

Have you figured out how many calories you need daily?
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is truly wonderful. I am happy for you!