Red wine a killer

Options
Just joined and have already realised where I am going wrong. I did not know there were SO many calories in red wine. Weight has been stable but going on holiday soon and must lose a few pounds. (Well, more than a few!!)

Replies

• luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would be thin as a rail if it weren't for red wine!!!!!
  • kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Options
    It's not just red wine, it's all alcohol! It sucks!! I went out both nights this past weekend and am pretty sure that's the culprit for gaining a pound! I guess the word is moderation....
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    If it were not for my wine obsession I would be 100lbs!! :wink:
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I put on a lot of weight drinking wine .......wine is the devil!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know it's terrible is'nt it, plus after a few wines I always seem to get the munchies. Good luck on your weight loss journey :smile:
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @Somaja I truely understand the word of a true wine O. :wink:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    mmm wine.. It's so hard to limit to just ONE glass..
  • justinsmom
    justinsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No kidding, an open bottle is an empty bottle. Then I'm hungry. Not buying any wine, not even to cook with (for a while, andywhay)!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Moderation is SO HARD for us! Why is that? I feel your pain. Perhaps only when out for a special meal and then buy by the glass?
  • bowerhill
    bowerhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "...an open bottle is an empty bottle."

Been there. Done that!
  • bowerhill
    bowerhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "........Perhaps only when out for a special meal and then buy by the glass?"

Yes, but one glass never seems to last long with me.

Must find some self control somewhere. LoL.

Thanks for the comment.
  • redkoolayde
    Options
    "........Perhaps only when out for a special meal and then buy by the glass?"

I ditto that one! So hard because it is oh so good. I try to kid myself purchasing dry white.... Still it goes quick!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has calories! Holy hot darn! I should give up now! j/k

But seriously that is a concern for me, too. I love me a glass... or a bottle of white on the weekends. I always assumed red wasn't that bad though.
  • hopfroggyfrog
    Options
    I wish there was an alcohol that didn't have too many calories. I used to have a cider with dinner maybe two times a week, and now I can't bring myself to drink one because I don't want to put the 200 calories in my list. It would be nice if there was something that had the same effect that didn't put 200 calories in your system! How many calories is in a glass of wine? I haven't had any since I started on here.
  • Shannon821
    Shannon821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I'm reserving calories for my red wine. I can't seem to give that up!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    the worst
    One of the highest calorie counts for a glass of wine comes from Ruby Port. In a 4 oz glass, Ruby Port can deliver 185 calories.

the best
    Various brands may vary, for a 4 oz glass of wine, but white zinfandel tends to be one of the safest bets with a modest 80 calories. Other smart choices are Chablis, at 85, and chardonnays with around 90 calories all from 4 oz servings.

I get one class weekly that's all I will allow myself.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I'm reserving calories for my red wine. I can't seem to give that up!

I will add two glasses of wine to my food list (when I'm planning on drinking that night) and then go from there for calories the rest of the day..... :blushing: