Trying to lose a few lbs

Options
Hello I am 21 and getting older is not getting easier. I really want to lose about 15 lbs and it is sooooo hard. I use to work out regular and eat healthy but nothing happens to my body. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also want to know how people get motivated to work out because sometimes I can be lazy. Well please let me know.

Replies

• galv3114
    Options
    Hello I am 21 and getting older is not getting easier. I really want to lose about 15 lbs and it is sooooo hard. I use to work out regular and eat healthy but nothing happens to my body. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also want to know how people get motivated to work out because sometimes I can be lazy. Well please let me know.
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Get a dog. My lab pup demands her walk after dinner. She is hard to refuse.
  • galv3114
    Options
    I have a dog and I walk her and take her out a lot. Maybe I should walk her longer
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hi gal,

You should go to a gym and speak with a trainer.

When you feel lazy, you have to force yourself to get out and go for a walk.
    Walks give you so much energy and you will feel good about doing it once you are done.
  • ranibauer
    Options
    Try a workout buddy. My best friend (who also uses this site) goes to the same gym as I do and sometimes she is the only reason why I go to the gym. It is just one more reason not to be lazy because we cannot let each other down. Also try not to drink any alchohal for a while. I am 23, and even though I didn't get wasted every night I would still go have a couple glasses of wine or a few beers with my friends. The calories can creep up on you and alchohol can slow your body down the next day. Good luck!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    what is your calorie intake each day? what is your workout program like?

check out crosscrunch.com free website for meal plans for 5 weeks.

if you are not weight training start by doing 5 circuits with two sets of weight training exercises 3 reps of 10 and in each circuit 1 min of jumping jacks or 1 min of jumping rope. each day do different body parts 4 times a week. you'll see results!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    All these posts have good tips for you.

Additionally, sometimes the motivation comes from within - maybe you don't even know where it is in you, but you have to do it.

I recently heard an interiew with Rita Moreno (for those of us old enough to remember the origincal West Side Story). She now is a gorgeous and very active 76 year old. The interviewer asked her is she ever gets tired or wants to stop working so hard. She said when she feels tired or lazy, she gets up off her butt and does something - and makes no excuses.

I work at at 5AM because I am too sleepy to think about if I want to or not. If I waited until the afternoon I would never do it. So, maybe you need to find your energy time slot too
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Whoopsie - typing to fast. I meant that I work out at 5AM.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree with Julie and that's the advice I always give... you may have to force yourself to get up and do some type of exercise so go for a nice walk and you will feel tons better.

Or even jog in place (I don't want to sound like the cruncher person by saying this over and over again but it works!!)
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    I agree with these posts. I know that at first I had to force myself to work out, but after about a week, I started to actually enjoy it, and liked how I felt afterwards! Good Luck!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I understand not wanting to workout, but I make myself do it, and after about 10 minutes the endorphins will start kicking in and you will be glad that you made the effort. And after a couple of weeks of it, when you can see the results, you will start to enjoy going to workout. Believe me, we've all been there. Good luck and stick to it.