Thank you MFPs

Options
Hey all, I've never posted before but I feel like I have something to share, so here it is. Eat your calories.LOL. I was doing really good and then it took me 6 weeks to lose 3 lbs. I asked my boyfriend, also on MFP, to look at my reports. He instantly said "you need to eat more". Well I was sure he was wrong and so I came the to community to prove him wrong. Well every post I found on the subject agreed totally with him. So I upped my base calories and I started eating almost all my exercise calories. I lost 2lbs this week. I feel like slapping my forehead and saying "it's the numbers silly, and the numbers don't lie". Thank you all for proving me wrong.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrat on starting to lose weight again. Thats the mistake alot of people make, glad you are back on track
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good post. I think many people have trouble with this concept. I would like to add one addendum, though. Eat all your calories, but try very hard to eat good things (lean proteins, fruits, veggies, complex carbs). I notice a huge difference when I eat whole foods to round out my calories as opposed to junk to use up the calories...
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good post. I think many people have trouble with this concept. I would like to add one addendum, though. Eat all your calories, but try very hard to eat good things (lean proteins, fruits, veggies, complex carbs). I notice a huge difference when I eat whole foods to round out my calories as opposed to junk to use up the calories...

I totally agree. I try to avoid the totally empty calories and if I succeed I'm always amazed at how MUCH food I get to eat.