There are some happy endings in MFP

Options
Hi all,

I posted this thread back in October:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1123685-please-can-i-have-some-relationship-advice

I got a huge response. I had forgotten to mention in my OP that my partner had been diagnosed with low testosterone a while before, however this was mentioned later on in the thread and I was given some information and advice regarding low testosterone, which I admit I was totally ignorant of.

After posting that thread and reading the replies I decided enough was enough, I went home and had a long talk with him, and my partner has since been back to the Doctors to pester them for some help. He's had another blood test, and 2 weeks ago he started hormone replacement therapy, and although we still aren't fully back to how we were, I'm finally starting to see some of the man I got engaged to returning. He's starting to get some emotion about things again, he's more thoughtful, he's more energetic, he's been suggesting things for us to do together, and last but certainly not least, his libido has increased. :laugh:

I'm now confident that I did the right thing in standing by him, despite the last almost 2 years being incredibly difficult, and I cannot wait to get married. So thank you, those members of MFP, that gave me that much needed advice. I possibly owe you my relationship!

Replies

• wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    oh.....I guess I was hoping for something else
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    So wait.. you mean you didn't 'just break up'?

Seriously though, that's great to hear, and it's nice to see a couple actually working through their problems for once rather than cutting and running. Enjoy your wedding, I'm getting married soon too. :smile: