If it feels like I could, should I?

Options
Should I exercise more if I feel like I could? I walk and run on the treadmill, running gets me tired but i'm back up in a minute. I burned 450 exercising today so far today.. I am overweight tho, is this too much?

Replies

• turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    man this thread is a fail
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You haven't really given us any information with which to make a conclusion. What are your goals? How long and how many times per week do you currently run/walk? Do you have any time constraints? Have you considered other forms of exercise?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    It depends on your experience level with exercise and what type. If your talking about running more, its best to go by the 10% a week increase if your a beginner until you get like a year under your belt and have a clue how your body will react to added miles.

If your talking just exercise in general, there is no blanket answer. It depends on your goals, if your using TDEE 20% method or the -500 calorie, or another method since it sounds like your trying to lose weight. Answer these questions and you will get answers to your initial question.
  • turtleball
    Options
    You haven't really given us any information with which to make a conclusion. What are your goals? How long and how many times per week do you currently run/walk? Do you have any time constraints? Have you considered other forms of exercise?

I burn more than 400 calories and exercise 6 times a week.

I want to start lifting weights but I dont want muscles and a heavier scale just yet, want to lose first.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Should I exercise more if I feel like I could? I walk and run on the treadmill, running gets me tired but i'm back up in a minute. I burned 450 exercising today so far today..

Details would be good, because someone who gets tired quickly is unlikely to be burning 450 calories in a session.

How far are you walking and running?
  • turtleball
    Options
    It depends on your experience level with exercise and what type. If your talking about running more, its best to go by the 10% a week increase if your a beginner until you get like a year under your belt and have a clue how your body will react to added miles.

If your talking just exercise in general, there is no blanket answer. It depends on your goals, if your using TDEE 20% method or the -500 calorie, or another method since it sounds like your trying to lose weight. Answer these questions and you will get answers to your initial question.

Not experience at all with any type of exercise other than walking, I am not in shape and trying to lose weight. I am 5ft tall and MFP and other websites tell me to eat between 1200-1300

I am not good at running either, I run for 4 mph and for 10 mins... longest I ever ran since being a little kid in soccer. Gotta start some where.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I am not good at running either, I run for 4 mph and for 10 mins... longest I ever ran since being a little kid in soccer. Gotta start some where.

Everybody has to start somewhere, take pride in knowing that you actually did make the start! :smile:

Running 10 minutes at 4mph will burn approximately 90 calories for a 200 pound human. Walking that same distance will burn about 40 calories.
  • turtleball
    Options

Everybody has to start somewhere, take pride in knowing that you actually did make the start! :smile:

Running 10 minutes at 4mph will burn approximately 90 calories for a 200 pound human. Walking that same distance will burn about 40 calories.

I had some sessions throughout the day,
    I walked for 3mph for 50mins and burned 300 calories,
    I ran 10 mins 4mph and burned 105
    then I got back on for 6 mins and burned 45.

btw i'm totally not going to give you my weight, lets just say i'm fat :p