Barre Results?

Options
I've been taking Pure Barre classes for about two weeks now-I've only lost a few pounds so far, but my clothes feel much larger.
Has anyone here had success with any barre classes or dvds? I'd love to see pictures and/or hear about it :smile:

Replies

• sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am also interested. I have some of the DVDs and I am starting to do them. Would love to see people's results.
  • kmulls
    Options
    I just did my third class this morning, and I'm hooked. The classes are extremely difficult but even just a few classes in I'm feeling stronger and better about my form. Definitely recommend!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been taking barre classes about once or twice a week for a few months now and I definitely notice a difference in my body, especially in my mid-section. My stomach has gotten a lot flatter and tighter, but like you, I haven't lost a ton of pounds, just notice a difference in the way my clothes are fitting.

I don't know that barre can be your only form of exercise, but I do think that a lot of my progress is attributable to barre. I feel tighter and leaner overall. I also run a couple times a week and walk every day (with my dog), but barre has been my only form of resistance training and I love it!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I am SOOOOO happy that you posed the question, OP!

This looks like something I can do as a form of Bodyweight exercise!
    I found videos on youTube, including a version to do at home.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    No pictures, but I can attest that everything is better with daily Barre - I use the mobile ap for Barre 3 and do the on line workouts. Great stuff.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Bar Method for only a short time too and was excited to see this thread. I know on my studio's website they have some before and afters but haven't seen any on mfp
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics but I have been doing Bar Method for over a year. I can tell a HUGE difference. I only did Bar Method and walked. I am down to a small instead of a medium in a lot of workout clothes. I lost 2.5 inches in my hips, .5 inches in my arms, .5 inches in my thighs and about .5 inch in my waist (it was more but I hold all my weight there and gained a little over the holidays). I am now back in 4-5 days a week. You will see results but I found the best results come from doing Bar Method 4-5 times a week. I didn't really change my diet too much and have now so I am sure I will see better results now. You don't have to walk in addition to Bar workouts but I have 2 dogs so walk a few times a week with them. =)

Happy Tucking!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to post a pic but its my profile picture now. I don't have a ton of weight to lose. More focused on toning which I feel Bar Method helps me achieve.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results! Thanks for posting/commenting!
  • ably65
    ably65 Posts: 41
    Options
    I've been doing Bar Method classes 4-5 times a week since last April. I definitely see a difference and people tell me that they see a huge difference. I was really out of shape when I started and now I am much much stronger. Many years ago I was a professional ballet dancer so my body responds well to this type of workout.

I haven't lost weight doing it which is frustrating but, frankly, I didn't reduce my total calories as much as I needed to. I still have 40 pounds to lose. I feel as if I need to add some serious cardio to get the weight off but Bar is sufficient for strength training. It is very strenuous in the advanced classes.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've done Pure Barre for about 12 classes now and I can tell the difference in my waist! I had lost about 28 pounds and my main exercise was walking. I knew that I needed something else to add to my routine to break through a weight loss plateau so I tried a class, It was a killer since I was in profoundly bad shape, but everyone there was very nice about my lack of coordination and conditioning. :-) So far, I try to do 3 classes per week and I do get better with each class as my muscle tone improves.

I will definitely continue . . .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!