30 minutes of jump rope a good workout?

Options
I've been trying to do 30 minutes of jump rope a day instead of running lately. I started to find myself dreading my morning run so decided to switch it up a bit. Is 30 minutes of jump rope a day a good workout?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, some say it's a better workout than running. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm no fitness guru but I would think its an amazing workout! Seems to me you use even more muscles than running. Good for you!
  • MasterKat
    Options
    I hear it's better than running. Way to switch it up and not give up because you were tired of running. Go you! :bigsmile:
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    30 minutes of jumping rope is an excellent workout!

Especially during the winter months in places where its unpleasant to do things in the cold. Its a great way to perform an exercise that will provide the benefits of fat burning, cardio vascular performance, as well as muscular development (in particular your lower body).

To keep it fun there are a variety of jumps you can perform or learn to do as well as different intensity levels and intervals. You can have a lot of fun incorporating jumping rope into your weight training too.