Positive and Negative Energy draws more of its own...

Options
Negative energy draws more negativity, and spreads to others like toxic smoke. There’s a difference between purging negative energy by talking it out with a trusted friend, and spreading it by spewing poison. There are also lots of ways to dissipate the negative and embrace the positive, because positive energy draws positive energy too (and spreads to others like a lovely fragrance).

Purge Negativity and Embrace Positivity:
1. Talk it out with a trusted friend who you know will listen without judgment. Remember to treat them with the utmost respect while you’re talking about what’s got you down.
2. Crank the Blues Music (or other music that makes you feel good- for me, blues music tends to harmonize with my dark mood and bring it up).
3. Concentrate on what is good in your life, your week, your day, your family, your work, etc etc etc. This is embracing the positive in your life.
4. LAUGH! Watch a comedy. Listen to comedy! Pandora, Sierra, and even Youtube have lots of comedy on them. Even if you’re too dark for belly laughs, you may eventually find yourself at least snickering a bit.
5. Write it out! Most of the time when I write out what is bothering me, it doesn’t bother me so much after. It shaves the negativity from my worries, which of course still remain, but with a little more clarity.
6. Do or Say something nice for someone else. Bringing up someone else’s day will often brighten your day a shade or two.
7. If you pray, pray it out! Calling on your Deity to give you clarity and take your anger is a good way to go.
8. WORK OUT! Exercise is the antidote to stress and depression. By moving your body and getting a good sweat on, negativity tends to dissipate.
9. Take care of yourself. A hot bath, a pedicure, a haircut- improve something on you and it’ll bring you up
10. Do something. Get lost in a project, or playing music, or creating something, etc. Purge negative energy through creativity.

Now if you have a habit of negativity, it’s time to break it!

When ever you have a really negative thought CORRECT it immediately in your mind.
*Go from “I’m fat and ugly” to “I’m capable of improving my health and maybe spend a little more time to look my best today.”
*Go from thinking about someone as a jerk to thinking about them as someone who has issues in his or her life.
*Go from getting angry at the car who cut you off, to a more comical “wow they don’t know how to drive,” and wave at the person who flips you off- in this way you deflect their negative energy and you may even diffuse their bad energy with your positive.

Instead of seeing the dark, train your mind to seek what is good. When you are bothered by something negative, think of two positives to counteract it. Before you know it, you'll be a more positive person!

Good luck!
:flowerforyou: