Begining my Journey

Options
Hey ya'll,
today is the day.. where I begin my journey to lose 100 lbs. I have a cruise booked for a year from now and I want to be bikini ready by then! Any advice tips etc would be wonderful. I'm 18 years old, 19 in January and I am tired of the way I look. A friend and I decided that we are in this together and I cannot wait to start working out heavily when I get back to Michigan State on January 6th. I'm new to this whole thing but I cannot wait to see how my body changes over the next year.

Replies

• britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One of the things that I've found helps is to expect your journey to be slow. It can be. When I used to try this, I'd expect to lose x amount of pounds per week and then cry when I only lost 1, but that's a reasonable expectation.

Slow and steady wins the race!
  • mommafit30
    mommafit30 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You are young enough now that if you get this under control, you can spend the rest of your adult life slim and fit. My goal is to get in shape FOR GOOD by my 30th bday. I want to finish my life in control, healthy and happy with myself.
  • CaseG710
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I just want to see weight loss results, as long as I don't get discouraged I think I can make this goal a reality. I know it may take a while but I'm just ready to try something to make it happen!
  • britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    And find some friends on here! It's so much easier to do when you have people in your corner who are willing to hold you accountable!
  • CaseG710
    Options
    I'll definitely try! I need to stay motivated that is going to be the hardest thing for me :wink:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    Drink lots of water, get more good protein, drop bad carbs, move more, try strength training and you'll be grand.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to add me if you like. x