Question about weight loss!

Options
Hi everyone! I have a question.

Let me give you some background info first.

I lost 30 pounds, in which it took around 3 or so months. I went to the gym at least 5 days a week, mostly 6. And I did muscle training 2-3 of those days (I did cardio every day I went.)
I also dieted 5-6 days out of the week, usually having less than 1,200 calories. (I really wanted to lose the weight fast.) The weekends I cheated on my diet, but still usually went to the gym.

Anyway, I haven't gone to the gym now for about three weeks, because during this time I went to Mexico and we just haven't had money for the gym once we got back. I have also not been dieting and have been drinking A LOT (because of Mexico, and then once we got home I couldn't help it.. lol)

SO FINALLY the question is.. I haven't been doing that well for my body lately and I am now losing weight again. I weigh smaller than when I stopped dieting right before Mexico. Is that because I have lost muscle mass? Or is it because since I gave my body a break, and upped my calorie consumption, that somehow is the reason I am losing weight? I am confused.

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Some people gain water weight when they work out and it sticks around until they stop working out. So if you hit the gym in the near future and see a mysterious 5 pound gain on the scale not long after, that might have been it.
  • eh_its_sarah
    eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Okay! Well maybe that's it. I have still been drinking a lot of water though. Thanks :)

Some people gain water weight when they work out and it sticks around until they stop working out. So if you hit the gym in the near future and see a mysterious 5 pound gain on the scale not long after, that might have been it.