SmartPhones: what is your panic level?

Options
2»

Replies

• GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Never panic. If my phone dies, it dies. I can survive…I lived without one for a helluva lot of years. I think we become too attached to them and lose a lot of our natural instincts when a situation arises that requires us to think and not rely on technology.
    Agree with the attitude here.
    However, even cavemen kept the technology of the time handy (spear to fight the saber-toothed tiger attack).
    The thinking statement above, if done properly, would guide you to always keep your tools in good working order, and handy.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Never panic. If my phone dies, it dies. I can survive…I lived without one for a helluva lot of years. I think we become too attached to them and lose a lot of our natural instincts when a situation arises that requires us to think and not rely on technology.
    However, even cavemen kept the technology of the time handy (spear to fight the saber-toothed tiger attack).
    The thinking statement above, if done properly, would guide you to always keep your tools in good working order, and handy.

gotta point there never let the fire die, so better not let the cell phone die or the bears will come and eat me and I wont be able to stay warm. When the phone dies the terrorists win.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Anything less than 75%, time to recharge.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I have a step daughter that is 11 and I am in total fear for her when she starts driving. She rides her phone on empty all the time. I'm afraid that will carry over to her driving strategy. lol

This could be good training for her... as her battery starts to deteriorate, the phone will die on her more frequently and she'll learn that she needs to recharge before it gets too close to empty. And with luck, THAT will carry over to her driving strategy. :bigsmile:
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

gotta point there never let the fire die, so better not let the cell phone die or the bears will come and eat me and I wont be able to stay warm. When the phone dies the terrorists win.
    Yep.....:laugh:
    Or that snowday trip you take in the North Eastern Nevada wildlands, which turns into an overturned jeep in the middle of nowhere, with temps dropping below zero at night. It was a breadcrumb trail of cell phone location services (each tower recorded them as they drove by), that led rescuers to that area of the wilderness where they were found. Had their cell phones died early in the day, they might not have been found before cold and lack of food finished them off.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Yep.....:laugh:
    Or that snowday trip you take in the North Eastern Nevada wildlands, which turns into an overturned jeep in the middle of nowhere, with temps dropping below zero at night. It was a breadcrumb trail of cell phone location services (each tower recorded them as they drove by), that led rescuers to that area of the wilderness where they were found. Had their cell phones died early in the day, they might not have been found before cold and lack of food finished them off.

with the circling vultures above and the blood thirsty coyotes lurking among the scrub...

At first I scoffed at this post. Satisfied in my maverick lifestyle, but after this well thought out argument you cant argue with logic. Keep the tools handy you never know what might happen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Lol, I don't even own a smart phone. I'm happy when my battery goes low. Means I get to tell the other person on the other end that I can't talk long.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My phone battery sucks and it will die when it says it's at 85%. Getting past 95% is worry-town.

I have a USB battery charger as well which basically needs to be plugged in all the time.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Instant panic sets in at 20% when the battery level turns from green to yellow. Full out panic mode ensues at 5% when it says "critical battery level reached. Plug into charger NOW".
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Anything below 80%
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Delete the running apps and disable mobile data and it's good to go for 8 hours at 25%. No drama! Ever! :bigsmile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I start to think about recharging at about 30%.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I don't panic. If I forget my charger for a weekend away, then I turn my phone off when it reaches 50% and only ever turn it on to make calls or check for texts.

If I do have my charger handy, then I allow the battery to deplete to 5% and plug it in. Playing Candy Crush Saga will deplete battery quickly, so I have to just not play for a day (shock horror!) if I need to prolong battery life.

I worry about all sorts of things, a phone is not one of them. Though it did frustrate the hell out of me when I realised yesterday afternoon that I left my phone at work and had to go back for it (only because I don't have a landline and needed to make calls last night).
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I keep mine charged up because I never know when I might wanna go for a run, or a bike ride, or kayaking, and if I don't have the GPS turned on and Endomondo tracking then it doesn't really "count", right? ;)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I only get nervous when it's about to die and my Son's not with me.

My Husband works out of town mon-fri, so I'm the only contact for his daycare.

If we're all home I couldn't care less.