I think I pulled something in my groin. Help?

Options
(thought I was posting in fitness forum and don't know how to move it? Help?)

I was in class this morning, doing V-ups with the medicine ball, and all the sudden I had a burning pain in my inner thigh/groin area and could not go on. My trainer was concerned and told me to REALLY take care of it or it could sideline me for a while. Now I'm scared. What should I do for it? It only hurts a little now and only when I'm walking fast or lifting that leg.

Replies

• leanby40
    Options
    Ouch, I know that pain! What helped me was taking it easy for about a week (no long or hard cardio sessions or heavy weight lifting) and very gentle stretching. It sounds like you're feeling better, so that's a plus. Hope the trends continues for you!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. Don't stretch as if you tore something stretching will just make it worse. Go to the doctor. General rehab is Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Notice, no stretching. Go to the doctor.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do it Rest that area of your body. When doing Ab or core workouts, you use your inner thighs sometimes and it can strain it sometimes. Do some light stretching before bed and also take FISH OIL before bed. Fastest way to recover. Also drink water water water! Then get back at it next week!:glasses: