Sick and tired.....

Options
I have attempted this many times. I am sick and tired of myself and not following through. I am just posting this for myself. To remind myself of why I need to take this seriously. Because if I don't change my attitude then nothing will change.
So I'm going to track my calories, and exercise. Honestly, I would probably not be a good 'friend' to have here because I've had lots of friends before, and I am not good about saying 'good job' to people every time they're under their calorie goal. I'm not good at that kind of support, nor do I think it helps me.
I know I have to rely on myself and that has to be enough.

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Whats different about this time, dear one?
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Support and encouragement are always good, but you really have to put your mind to it to achieve it. Only you can change your habits. I tried countless diets and they all failed til I made up my mind. And now I say I'm not dieting, I'm just making healthier choices and moving more. No one can diet for a lifetime. It has to be a lifestyle change you can live with. Good luck!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you don't have to do this alone! I tried for years myself until I found this site! It has given me so much support & encouragement! you don't have to comment every day but log in every day your diary & exercise every day! I have to say that having an open diary so your friends can see, that helps keep yourself accountable! please reconsider adding friends on this site! it has made a world of difference for me! I have lost over 125 pounds since june 2012! I am telling you this site works only if you commit yourself to all its tools! I am sending a friend request your way & I hope you accept!
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    Kayla Agreed! I hate when people ask how my 'Diet' is going, I hate the word and everything attached to it especially since I have rarely EVER finished anything in my entire life. No matter, that loosing 100 pounds is daunting when I've only lost 2 lbs so far! The only thing I set my mind on was to log my food for a week, no dieting no calorie counting, but simply making the habit of logging! and now It's easier for me to take the next step and try weight loss. My main problem is consistency and discipline, so I started in the smallest way I know how, and it had nothing to do with losing weight. Maybe find out what your main struggle is, and tackle it on the smallest level possible before trying to 'loose weight'. It's also a mental challenge, I have to re-inspire myself ALL day everyday! So that I don't give in to giving up AGAIN. MFP Has truly changed the game for me..