Do you find losing weight "easy"?

Options
I have often heard members say at my WW meetings they find it "easy."

I have been at this on and off for 12 yrs and I find it harder and harder the older I get (maybe b/c I'm more busy than when I first started out). But I have let "life" get in the way of my tracking foods and exercising. How do I get it back to STAY?

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for me is HARD!! I find my motivation slipping with each passing week, but we have to constantly remind ourselves why were doing it....better health, thinner body etc.....I think thats the key.....once committed, stay committed. And dont let slip ups ruin all the effort....one or two days here and there will not kill us.....after all, we have to live too! :)
    Good luck on your journey!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Find your balance in life and all should fall into place
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll say that I've found it easier than I thought it would be. As far as staying with it... I find I have to take it one day at a time. Done that for 8 months now, had great days, good days, OK days, and really bad days. But that's life.
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I want to see 10 lbs gone and that will keep my motivation..but we all know that won't happen quickly! ;=:sad: :ohwell:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'll say that I've found it easier than I thought it would be. As far as staying with it... I find I have to take it one day at a time. Done that for 8 months now, had great days, good days, OK days, and really bad days. But that's life.

Couldn't have said it any better! The hardest part of losing weight is just getting started... once you get that ball rolling it becomes much easier.
  • adcoursey
    Options
    ... once you get that ball rolling it becomes much easier.

Truer words were never spoken... It is all about results, and it's hard to stop once you see that hard work paying off.
    It can get easier over time, and I consider it mind over matter: I WILL be in control, I WILL make time, it will NOT take large chunks out of my life and my time with my family and friends.
    You're in charge, so BE in charge. :happy:
    Nothing feels as good as bossing someone around, anyway. :wink:
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Haha, I wish it was easy for me. I can look at food and gain weight. I've had to fight the weight monster since I was born,lol.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    i find it easy... however i get anxious for my numbers to be higher but making the simple changes in diet and finding time to workout turned out to be easier than i thought! convenient? NO!!!! but easy... YES!!!
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    I find losing weight very frustrating. I've been staying under my calorie goals or at them for 2 1/2 weeks and only have a 2 lb loss to show for my effort! :(
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life! I'm still trying and it's been 19 years. I get within 2lbs and then I blow it and gain it all back! I'm hoping I can make it this time
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,613 Member
    Options
    The longer I do it, the easier it is. At this point, I'd say it's pretty easy, but I say that cautiously. I know it would be even easier to gain it all back, but I have no intention of ever letting that happen.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have often heard members say at my WW meetings they find it "easy."

I have been at this on and off for 12 yrs and I find it harder and harder the older I get (maybe b/c I'm more busy than when I first started out). But I have let "life" get in the way of my tracking foods and exercising. How do I get it back to STAY?

It's NOT EASY! Some food choices, menu choices have become easyier to make. Eye-balling food calories has become easier. Exercise has become easier and even enjoyable.....
    However it is hard to stay focused on losing weight when there are more important things in life demanding your time. There are other things in life more important and that is hard to say and even harder to get a balanced viewpoint. I'm not saying health isn't important, I am saying that I want to find a place of high priority for it without sacrificing every thing and every one else.
    Balance will always be a fight and that is what losing weight is about, so not easy but worth it. (in my humble opinion)
  • RedHairedChiliPepper
    Options
    I find it hard to stay motivated sometimes and that's when I hit this forum. I don't plan my meals as well as I should and that is when I make it hard on myself. The exercise was hard to get going 2 months ago, but now I have that "appointment" with myself to do it that I look forward to and don't like to miss. It's all about change. Changing from those old habits that got us where we were to new habits to carry us into the future. Change is hard at first. Results are great after sticking with those changes.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Being healthy is definitely easier, but the losing weight part is getting harder as I am getting closer to my goal and it is SO slow in getting there.

I workout faithfully every day, minus a rest day here and there, usually every other Saturday and sometimes I workout twice a day just because I enjoy getting stronger and in better shape. Its so much easier to see why I should make healthier food choices when I can see the benefits it gives me.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Couldn't have said it any better! The hardest part of losing weight is just getting started... once you get that ball rolling it becomes much easier.

I agree with both! It was harder to convince myself to get started. I found these first 27 pounds to be very easy. I don't think I am sacrificing that much. Now, we'll see how the rest comes off!
  • brettatk
    brettatk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Losing weight has always been the easy part for me. Maintaining is what I can't seem to figure out.
  • rebchandler
    Options
    I don't find it easy at all. Well, it's the length of time it takes that isn't easy (at least for me). Day by day isn't so bad...but when you do it week after week and lose so little at a time...it can get very frustrating...ugh! But, when it's all said and done and you look back at it...it doesn't seem that bad. Everything else in life seems like you can get or buy and obtain immediate satisfaction...but weight loss and fitness? No, that is a life-long process...