Walden farms- wtf

Options
2»

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    WF is awesome (except the peanut butter).

I use the caramel sauce, syrup, strawberry syrup and dressings. As mentioned, it's not totally 0 calorie since it has trace cals.

Who cares if it has chemicals? You're not downing a bottle in one sitting everyday...
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    just discovered this product on some forums and websites.... i ordered a bunch to try them out.

the whole calorie-free thing worries me... that just cant be healthy. all chemicals and no nutrients. BUT, i can see the appeal and it would be a great way to wean off the sauces and syrups. its actually better if it doesnt taste too good. lol. for people that eat everything with a gallon of gravy or a liter of syrups and dips, Walden Farms products seem like a good replacement and maybe even a good place to start weaning off the bad habit.

Anyways, i ordered a bunch out of curiosity just yesterday. When they arrive, i will give each a try and come up with a verdict soon. keeping my expectations low though
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of these products before. Went to there website and checked out the ingredients. They actually look pretty good for "diet" food. Not many chemicals at all. Check them here:

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

Went to check out Mrs. Buttersworth Sugar Free for comparison, and found they didn't list the nutrition info on their web page. Went searching, and the only place I could find a list of ingredients was from a user posted picture on Amazon, here:

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Butterworths-Sugar-Syrup-Ounce/dp/B0014DXL44

I have never tried either of these products, so can't comment on their taste, but all things being equal, I would go with the WF.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Water is 100% chemical. Just sayin'

Dihydrogen monoxide is for the devil!
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why people must be pedantic about using the word incorrectly when we all know what they mean.

I've tried a few Walden Farms products and they are beyond foul. It seems to me people can convince themselves
    something isn't bad or just become accustomed to it. There are a bajillion diet products that taste terrible that
    people swear by and probably aren't the healthiest choice.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Water is 100% chemical. Just sayin'

Dihydrogen monoxide is for the devil!
    100% of people exposed to dihydrogen monoxide DIE!!!