A little advice:)

Options
Okay...so I am about 163 now, I have lost 5 pounds in the last 17 days. Which is awesome! I'm ecstatic...BUT, I was just wondering, to some of you out there who have lost a lot of weight, HOW you did it? I've been looking at ways to maximize my results.

Right now, I do about 1270 calories a day and I workout almost every day. I take one day off, but I still do minor workouts like sit-ups and what not. I do weight training and cardio and workout at the gym for about an hour and a half each night. I have been burning approximately 3200 calories a week in exercise.

I'm 5'6'' and my goal is to reach 140 by May 31. Is that possible? I am the type of person who can't give up all bad food, otherwise I won't stick the routine....but I do eat a lot better than I used to and do watch kind of food it is.

I guess, what I'm asking, is this...what are some workouts that have worked for people similar to me? I feel like a fish out of water at the gym and would like a routine to get into, I tend to work better with that. Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Megan:)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Your weight is mostly a function of diet- not working out.

Eat a deficit- you'll lose the weight.

Work out to feel better- look better- and help induce a larger deficit- within moderation- but ultimately it's the deficit that does the work.

You're on the right track- just keep with it. May is what 5 months from now?

Roughly 20 lbs in 5 months- is 4 lbs a month- 1 lb a week.

Totally reasonable. Just have to stick with it.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Something I learned was trying to do a higher intensity workout for a shorter period of time. So instead of taking a class, I will run for 30 minutes. Often its the same if not more calories burned.

Also try to amp up your activity level outside of working out- park further away, drink more water, walk more places, be more active.

And make sure that you are accurate with your food count.

Best of luck
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know it's been 17 days, but just want to make sure I am doing all that I can to receive the goals I have set. This is wonderful advice! :)