I`m Ready!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Michelle. I am 21 and I live in Alabama with my significant other and 3 children.
Although I`ve had my account for a while, I have finally decided to put it to use. I have always dreamed of running in a marathon one day but fighting depression made it almost impossible to even want to walk to the mail box. 4 days ago, I got out of bed, laced up my shoes and headed out the door with my husband. We decided we were going to walk down the river walk. By the time we knew it, we were sore as could be and had walked 6 miles. We were so busy in conversation with each other and others and enjoying the beauty of nature that we did not realize how far we had gotten. Although we were sore, we said let`s keep going we made it this far. And we did, we walked another 3 miles before calling it quits.
Since then, we have been going for daily walks, each averaging 2 miles until we can build up to running 2 miles, and eventually running as far as we walked that day. We are both disabled with knee ad back injuries, and other from poor health and from the military. Which is why we are starting at only 2 miles because the first day killed us, we didn`t think we would ever walk again. Lol.
I`ll be using MFP along with a few other apps to keep track of my progress. I am excited to browse around to find tips, inspirational stories, and etc on this website! Happy holidays.

Replies