What "childish" fears do you still have?

Options

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of dogs. All dogs except one (and it's taken me nearly 5 years of weekly contact to be able to tolerate him). I don't care if it's a big giant dog or a tiny yippy dog. You'll find me hiding behind whoever is next to me or backed up into a corner crying. :sad:

And clowns are freaking EVIL. Horrifying things. And people who like them are deranged. And this includes that creepy-*kitten* Elf on a Shelf abomination - don't traumatize your children!! :cry:
  • hmandt70
    Options
    every time i get home (especially at night), i go to my bathroom and check behind my shower curtain. i dont have a plan for what i'll do if there is anybody ever behind it but if i don't check... its on my mind until i go do it. one of the best purchases for my bathroom was a semi-transparent shower curtain.. now i can just look glance at it instead of pulling it all the way back! :happy:
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Needles and centipedes/silverfish..... too many FREAKING legs to be normal. *shudder* :noway:

ME TOO!!!!

Can't walk over man hole covers, grates anything like that.

And ... SLUGS! Picked one up once when playing in the dirt. Horrible experience
    GASP! I thought I was the only one that never walks over the man hole covers!!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    The Dark, which sucks because I run outside early in the morning and it is about 3/4 of a mile of blackness with trees, shrubs and general forestry to get where there is lights beside the road. And oh, BTW there are lizards, crawly creepy things and who knows what in these trees, shrubs and general forestry to make noises! So I tried wearing my ipod and turning it up really loud then I was sure something was sneaking up on me. My DH suggested I wear one of those runners lights, now this seems like a total oxymoron thing to do, I am trying not to let them know where I am, not broadcast it! LOL. And SPIDERS! I really hate them! All of them.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I don't like to see fog out my bedroom window when I wake up at night.

I was pretty sick when I was a little kid and watched Salem's Lot on TV at night while I was home alone. It left me with this. :)

I don't freak out or anything, but I get a weird shiver _every_ time.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mirrors in dark/dimly lit rooms... Creepy

Till this day I will not look in mirrors if the lights are off. I keep repeating in my head...."do not say anybody's name 3 times".....
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    Spiders.

The ocean. Not the ocean itself but more the fact that there are millions of creatures designed to kill you. Also the fact that it's thousands and thousans of miles deep *shivers*

I'm not afraid of the dark but I still run for the bed after I turn the light out.

Also I can't sleep facing the wall. For some stupid reason I feel like someone will be watching me.

Clowns are fuvbidsbvsidf sobs

Dolls too

I have about a million fears ok
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    New Edition Poster from the 80's. Their eyes used to follow me.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    Till this day I will not look in mirrors if the lights are off. I keep repeating in my head...."do not say anybody's name 3 times".....

same here! oh my gosh
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    every time i get home (especially at night), i go to my bathroom and check behind my shower curtain. i dont have a plan for what i'll do if there is anybody ever behind it but if i don't check... its on my mind until i go do it. one of the best purchases for my bathroom was a semi-transparent shower curtain.. now i can just look glance at it instead of pulling it all the way back! :happy:

But what if the Boogey Man is laying in the tub to trick you???
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    snakes, spiders, heights,
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    I also can't look out the windows at night. I always think I'm gonna see a axe murderer or something.. I've watched way too many horror movies :noway:
  • julie3227
    Options
    Long hall ways and I cannot turn off the light without the closet door being closed. Can't have open closet doors in the dark.
    *Shudders*
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    I'm afraid of the dark, (When I am alone) Scared to be outside at night, (any bug but butterflies and ladybugs), clowns, Slenderman, Jeff The Killer, dolls sometimes, anything sharp, (knives) etc.

My biggest fear now, is getting stabbed.

Everyday before I use the bathroom, I check behind the curtain. Anything could be there. *Shiver*
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of being home alone, when the hubby is gone for business, first three days are okay, after that I have to check all the closets and lock every window and door in the house before I go to bed! Then I watch movies in bed until I'm too tired to think and fall asleep right away ;) Yup I'm a strange one!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Spiders...big time. And deep water. Over my head water...driving over water also makes me a little nervous.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of falling, so I don't like heights.

And old sepia portraits. They way their eyes look when they stare at the camera freaks me out!:sad:
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Drive through car washes!!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a fear, but my husband makes fun of me because if the closet door is even slightly open it will drive me nuts and I can't go to sleep. He always asks "what I expect to jump out?"

This. The closet door HAS to be shut (I get made fun of too). Mirrors. HATE HATE HATE mirrors! I can stand looking in them long enough to get ready for work in the morning but as far as decorative ones around the house, no way. Being stopped in traffic on a bridge.. my hands start sweating and I get a really anxious feeling like I need to get out of the car and run far away.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of:
    The dark
    Spiders
    Insects/bugs (except for flies and ants)
    Clowns
    Balloons (only the latex ones)
    Death/ Dying