IS ANYONE HERE ON ACE?

Options

Replies

• kenzleysmommy
    kenzleysmommy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Wow, pretty sure I asked for RESULTS from using it. I didn't say I needed it, I was simply asking those who have taken it what their results were.

Pretty sure people are going to give you advice that will work for the long term and help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. FYI, taking a pill is not going to be a long term solution.

This.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And by skinny people, I'm referring to those who don't need this site because they have never struggled with their weight, not people who have struggled and lost the weight.

This is MyFITNESSPal..not My Weight Loss. There are people here that are working on maintaining and gaining weight as well.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it on and off for the last year or so... Currently on it again. I find that without it I am hungrier.. I did go off it for a few months and only gained back the 10 pounds I've now been struggling with again for the last 5 months.... I think it's definitely easier to diet when I'm on it. However, Its not needed. A lot of the time I feel like I could be taking a placebo and telling myself it's an appetite supressant and have it work for me. Power of suggestion mot of the time..

It hasn't worked as well for my mom. My dad took it and it helped him lose a few pounds too, but he is a lifter. he goes into his weight room every day.
  • kenzleysmommy
    kenzleysmommy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It would have been different if they wouldn't have started out by telling me they were better than me because they didn't take pills to lose the weight. Or making fun of me for using caps lock or just generally insulting me. All I wanted was advice on ACE, that's it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    ACE Power???

fitness-ace-power-o.gif
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    And by skinny people, I'm referring to those who don't need this site because they have never struggled with their weight, not people who have struggled and lost the weight.
    Underneath the sarcasm and sometimes wit, people are actually trying to help you - OK not sugar-coated but you have to realise you only get 10 seconds attention from people!

So advice from someone who has struggled his whole life with his weight, who was fat for the last 20 years....
    You don't need to rush, you don't need pills, you don't need to restrict food groups or be deprived. You would find that if you make small changes and lose weight in a steady and sustainable way when you get to goal weight you are happy and have learned how to maintain your ideal weight.
    What does a VLCD and pills actually do to teach you how to live for the rest of your life?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    There are people who have not yet figured out what works for them and what doesn't. We need to be respectful and mindful of the way we speak to others and calmly explain to them that it's just not the way to go. Some of you here have tried some crazy diets but it took trial and error and education and other things to get to were you are today. No one should be made to feel less than.

People can only feel "less than" if you allow others make you feel that way. :flowerforyou:
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, pretty sure I asked for RESULTS from using it. I didn't say I needed it, I was simply asking those who have taken it what their results were.

Pretty sure people are going to give you advice that will work for the long term and help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. FYI, taking a pill is not going to be a long term solution.

Ya but it was written like advice was it? It was snarky and rude, like she is better than people who take pills.

This X 1,000!! I hate bullies and that is exactly how some adults act on here!

The "B" word??? Already? She's just 8 posts in and already the B-word.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A NEW RECORD

:indifferent: I've been using this site for years now just forgot my old password. But good job on proving my point! :happy:

Um what?

He made an observation based on the information available at the time. Your post count, and what you said in your post.

Now simple observations = bullying?

jesse-pinkman-seriously.gif

If you can't see how that was sarcastic and rude, I don't know what else to tell ya! :ohwell:
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    OP - My advice is to stop taking the pills, and continue on with your diet and (planned) exercise. After one month, see what progress you have made. If you want to add in the pills at that point, go ahead and add them for a month. See if that affects your progress.

Changing everything at once is going to result in you not knowing where the results are coming from. Is it from diet? Is it from cutting out all the sugary drinks and drinking only water and morning coffee? Is it from the increase in exercise? Is if from the pills?

If you don't do a trial run, you'll have to keep buying those expensive pills, because you'll *think* they work, even though you don't really know if they are truly doing anything for you.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    OP ignore the haterz! :flowerforyou: There just jelouse! Good luck on your journey and congradulations.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it on and off for the last year or so... Currently on it again. I find that without it I am hungrier.. I did go off it for a few months and only gained back the 10 pounds I've now been struggling with again for the last 5 months.... I think it's definitely easier to diet when I'm on it. However, Its not needed. A lot of the time I feel like I could be taking a placebo and telling myself it's an appetite supressant and have it work for me. Power of suggestion mot of the time..

It hasn't worked as well for my mom. My dad took it and it helped him lose a few pounds too, but he is a lifter. he goes into his weight room every day.

1. It has caffeine and Geranium in it, both of which are mild appetite suppressants.
    2. Funny thing about placebos is .. sometimes they work.

I'm of the opinion you can accomplish the same thing with a cup of coffee.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Did it ever occur to you that having to have patience while the diet and exercise without drugs do their thing is ultimately to your advantage?

Healthy habits take time to build.

Or, maybe you should just take Alli.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    It would have been different if they wouldn't have started out by telling me they were better than me because they didn't take pills to lose the weight. Or making fun of me for using caps lock or just generally insulting me. All I wanted was advice on ACE, that's it.

I gave you legitimate advice, as did one or two others. Sarcasm and jokes =/= bullying or attacking you.

Here's advice regarding diet pills in general. When I was 18-19 I used Healthy Trim on and off. It was another type of diet pill. Did it work? Sure. Until I stopped taking it. In hindsight, it only worked because it caused me to severely restrict my calories (1,000 cals or less), which is not healthy in the least. I was tired a lot, it screwed with my sleep, and I had a lot of mood swings.

I used this when I didn't have MyFitnessPal. So basically, I didn't have access to an entire forum full of knowledge on how to lose weight and get healthy the RIGHT way. I found MFP. I figured out how many calories I needed, started with that, and eventually added in exercise. I lost the weight and continued on my path to get fit.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Ya but it was written like advice was it? It was snarky and rude, like she is better than people who take pills.

This X 1,000!! I hate bullies and that is exactly how some adults act on here!

The "B" word??? Already? She's just 8 posts in and already the B-word.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A NEW RECORD

:indifferent: I've been using this site for years now just forgot my old password. But good job on proving my point! :happy:

Um what?

He made an observation based on the information available at the time. Your post count, and what you said in your post.

Now simple observations = bullying?

jesse-pinkman-seriously.gif

If you can't see how that was sarcastic and rude, I don't know what else to tell ya! :ohwell:
    OK then. Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Maybe some of us skinny people have struggled with weight loss. We learned that pills just don't work. You are the one who will do what it takes to lose the weight with the calorie deficit. Then you'll give the credit to the pill when it was all you. They're a waste of money. Good luck.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

They aren't telling you they're better. Some people are blunt or sarcastic but had all had the same intentions; letting you know eating 1200 calories (or less) mixed with a weightloss pill isn't a good idea. There are healthier ways of losing weight and making sure the progress you make is sustainable.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It was actually in reference to all of the people who were just rude and making fun of me for using caps lock.

Could you do us a favor, and use the quote function vs. the reply one. That way we can follow what you are replying to. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

1. It has caffeine and Geranium in it, both of which are mild appetite suppressants.
    2. Funny thing about placebos is .. sometimes they work.

I'm of the opinion you can accomplish the same thing with a cup of coffee.

yeah, unfortunately..i don't like coffee :(
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I am better than people who take pills.
This discussion has been closed.