Christmas Day Workout Anyone?

Options
I love weekend morning workouts and with Christmas and Boxing Day coming I will be able to get some more in. Is it weird that I am excited to workout Christmas Morning? Mind you I do not have children its just the hubby and I (we don't buy gifts for each other). Too make sure I don't sound like I don't do anything we go to my Moms for the night on Christmas Day Afternoon. I think a good workout before turkey and booze will be a good thing. How many of you will do this.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!!!
    I have kids, and I do a real good one!!!
    MAKES ME FEEL GREAT!!!
    then of course, I eat and drink my face off!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My gym is closed, but I am planning on going for a run that morning.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    SInce I'll be at the beach, I'll definitely be going for a long walk in the morning. Depending on what the family has planned, I'll either hit the dumbbells at my home gym or go down to the anytime fitness and do something bigger.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    YES. I'm getting a new squat rack that day, so I plan to break it in.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm not real good with "first thing in the morning" workouts because it takes me a good amount of time to gather myself (in terms of coordination, balance, and other things) after waking. Plus I just plain perform like crap when I don't have some food in my tummy. So realistically speaking I wouldn't be doing anything I would consider actual "exercise" until around noon-ish (or later) and the festivities will have already gotten WELL under way by then.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Of course. I workout everyday, Christmas will be no different except that I'll workout in the morning instead of in the evening.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm driving 7 hours to get from where I am currently living to my home town and doing two Christmas functions. I hope I can get a small run in but I highly doubt it will happen :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yup..get up, open presents, put on turkey, go to Mass, come home TREADMILL (for an hour or so) then carry on with the festivities and a walk after dinner through the bog. It makes me feel better, especially with the extra food that will be consumed.

Then on St Stephen's day the local community organised a 10km walk so I'll do that before cooking dinner fro my parents 36th wedding anniversary.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    oh baby you better believe it :D! 4 am work out for this girl. my favorite.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I will be heading out to Chicago to my family's get together, and I will be working out in the morning. On Christmas day, heading to Munster (here in Indiana still) for my boyfriend's family's get together, and I will be working out in the morning then too. Holidays aren't knocking me off my schedule (except new year's. I will probably not workout on New Year's day since I'll be recuperating from New Year's Eve LOLOLOL)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    How many of you will do this.
    Christmas falls on a sufferfest workout day for me. New Years too.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    NO LOL
    Unless you count the laps I make from the couch to the dinner table to the drink bar back to the couch?

I'll make up for it on NYE though, I'm going to a 10 hour long dance party :D Well, that might only burn off the obscene amount I plan on drinking that night haha~

A few days of indulgence aren't gonna wreck my progress. I'm confident I can keep my gluttony confined to the specific holidays, and not let it expand into a month-long spree.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Me, well sort of. Like Thanksgiving, I will treat Christmas no different than I do any day with my lifestyle. I work as well (1 pm - 6 pm) and will workout/eat the same as I do every other day. Christmas eve is when I do family stuff but even those days I plan to hit the gym and eat the same. My boyfriend and I still do gifts with each other but just plan to do it Christmas Eve morning.

This is just what works for me. Holidays can be stressful for a lot of people because of the food and celebration around it. I decided to not let it hurt me and just treat it as any other day dietary speaking. I'm happy just being with my family and without indulging in treats!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No.

+1

My Christmas Day workout will consist of cooking, and like the poster above, doing laps between the couch and the dinner table (kitchen) for food, drinks, pie/candy, and "seconds."
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My parents have a treadmill and I'll be using it when I'm over there for Christmas. (: It's actually more convenient than going to the gym at my place!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a running streak challenge through December however I'm taking Christmas day off. For me, Christmas morning should be spent in jammies and relaxing.

I won't have a chance later on either because I'll be too busy eating and doing nothing :laugh:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve is going to be our Christmas Day as 2 of our children need to go be with their other parent(s) on Christmas Day. So, you better believe I'm gonna go for a nice long run, get in a wonderful post-run stretch and maybe some ab work if I'm feeling really ambitious. Then I'm gonna spend the rest of the day watching movies on the couch with my hubby and our youngest!!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!!!
    I have kids, and I do a real good one!!!
    MAKES ME FEEL GREAT!!!
    then of course, I eat and drink my face off!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Where the hell is the new fandangled "like" button?!?!?!?!!?

I will be at my outlaws for 3 days. I will be hammered the whole time. this includes while working out. :drinker:
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For me, Christmas morning should be spent in jammies and relaxing.

I won't have a chance later on either because I'll be too busy eating and doing nothing :laugh:

This. It's one day...that happens to be my favorite day of the year :)