Nutella strikes again..

Options
Two weeks ago I bought a 350 g jar of nutella and I finished it in one sitting so I decided not to buy it again.

Today I've found myself buying another 350 g jar and I was done with it as soon as I got home. Some with bread.. and the rest straight out of the jar.

Now what the **** is going on and how do I stop this, seriously? Probably some serious problems that need real attention? lol, wow.

Replies

• Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Been there, ate that :drinker:

Seriously, I have the same issue with bingeing on things that I know are bad for me. If I go into the grocery store in the right mindset, I can avoid buying those trigger foods. Other times, I tell myself "it'll be different this time - you'll be able to control yourself" and I buy the trigger foods anyways. Needless to say, it is never different and I'm often horrible at controlling myself. I've gotten into the habit lately of immediately tossing the offending food into the trash as soon as I get out of the food fog long enough to realize what I'm doing. Yes, I've wasted a lot of food and a lot of money this way in recent months, but it is beginning to work...

Best of luck! Nutella is a hard habit to break!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've said it before in response to your posts: you have a scary relationship with food.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Stop buying it.
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've said it before in response to your posts: you have a scary relationship with food.

Yet you never came with a suggestion/help/advice/thought in any of your comments..?
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals and snacks for the week, create a shopping list, eat a healthy filling meal, then grocery shop on a full stomach and avoid the aisle with Nutella.

ETA: take the time to organize your shopping list to where the items are found in the store. An unorganized shopping list equates to more time spent in the store and a higher likelihood of impulse purchases.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid that aisle in the grocery store. That's what I've had to do with trigger foods until I learned to control myself. I actually went shopping with a second person and sent them down that aisle for other stuff I needed. Then I didn't buy it. And I will exercise when I'm having cravings and know that I can't fit what I've craving into my daily allowance. If you can't find a solution you may need to talk to someone about this. Good luck.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only thing you can do is what I did years ago with a few staples in my house; DO NOT KEEP THEM IN THE HOUSE.

The only thing that will work if you allow it to.

and

Control. Gotta get some self-control in your life.

The only advice that works if you work with it.
  • Susie0307
    Susie0307 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nutella on a pop cake was one of my "go to" snacks when losing. Once I met my goal, I don't want it anymore! Binge foods just have to stay out of the house. For me, it's certain cookies and chips. "JUST SAY NO", don't buy it knowing it's a potential binge food. Stay tough.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yet you never came with a suggestion/help/advice/thought in any of your comments..?
    I have. Several times, actually. I've actually suggested you stop using MFP for a while. Stop counting, stop obsessing. Ive asked if you have an ED. I've asked if you worry that you have an ED....
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    OP
    He dosn't have to.. go see a professional
    Bring with you liquid soap... after you had a teaspoon or two, proceed to pure liquid soap all over Nutella. yes its a waste of money but it will stop you from eating it.
    -- Shop at a different store.
    -- For a few bucks more, order food online.. some places will deliver your food to your door step.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    I HAVE...THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM.
    We have a jar, half empty on the shelf. I haven't taken a bite of it since I've been on my diet. Either have a family member hide it, never buy it again, or chew gum when you crave it.

Gum can satisfy any sweet craving.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    at 5'9" 142, which is quite light (less than me at 5'6" and I am by no means overweight) I think your body was telling you it was starving, so you craved the high cal food and ate it.

So I say congrats on getting some much needed calories in your diet. Do I think there are healthier ways, Yes, but this is better than not getting them.
  • leahconfere
    leahconfere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad I'm allergic to chocolate.
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    bro, the "don't keep any tempting food inside the house" thing, works until you actually have to leave the house. You need to fix what in you makes you unable to stop yourself from downing a complete jar of nutella. I get it, I weigh 385 pounds, I've gained 150 pounds in the last 4 years, I used to not keep any sweets in the house, but when I left the house to a restaurant or a mall or whatever, I'd pig out on everything. You're going to live in a world of readily available nutella, you need to fix yourself to where you can enjoy it in moderation.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    maybe try buying just ONE of the little nutella to-go packs in the check out/impulse aisle? they even come with little breadsticks, or something to eat it with. but that way, you can get your fix, finish all the nutella you have (go ahead and even lick the compartment clean)... and not be eating an entire jar??

I've done things like that to trick my brain into thinking it's getting what it wants when it's really only getting what I give it.

best of luck!
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    regret nothing! nutella is delicious.

although, what i like to do with things like that, is if i could easily finish the whole thing in one sitting (cough cough ben & jerry's full pint cough cough) i will allow myself 1 big heaping spoonful a day, and ENJOY every little lick possible. that way you get to enjoy its deliciousness every day, but you aren't binging!
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    tumblr_lj8qi6mqOd1qewrwz.jpg

You dirty little boy.....I think you just made the naughty list.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha again! xD Well I love nutella so I haven't got anything to say.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Buy one Nutella & Go! pack from the checkout aisle instead. You get your Nutella in a smaller container so even if you eat the whole thing, it's still not as much.

nutella-and-go.jpg
  • The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1069242_537576102974579_1224805319_n.jpg

This is how they should really sell Nutella