Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tattoo removal

I have an appointment to begin the tattoo removal process. I'm wondering who has gone through it, was it successful and what was your experience like?

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Why did you get a tattoo just to remove it?
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member

Yeah?

How bad is it? :laugh:

ETA: Sorry, I know that's not helpful, but I would never remove any of my tattoos. Even the ones I should have thought longer about. I would rather get them covered up by something else than removed after the money I already spent to have it on my skin forever. Regret not!!!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    I had it done by laser, it went pretty well. It just depends on the color of the ink to be removed. Some inks (Red, Green) are harder to remove. The tech told me it had to do with the type of laser and how it reacts to the ink. I had one that covered my forearm and it was mostly black, you can't tell it was there. It took seven sittings to get it all off.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i got a tattoo covered up.
  • vickylhutton
    vickylhutton Posts: 7 Member
    It can be pretty painful. I can't remember how many sessions I've had but need at least 2 more but not sure if I will get them done now. As my sessions progressed it got more intense and more painful. The last one I had a massive blister and was so painful to move. This was several years ago now and I have bumpy scars where it was. I would discuss how many treatments, likely hood of potential scarring and how often they recommend to go?

Think about why you want it removed, why you got it and where it is.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Can we PLEASE take a looksie at what's getting removed?

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Edit b/c I apparently wasn't speaking English earlier.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Cover-up > removal

Word

I went this route.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    It can be pretty painful. I can't remember how many sessions I've had but need at least 2 more but not sure if I will get them done now. As my sessions progressed it got more intense and more painful. The last one I had a massive blister and was so painful to move. This was several years ago now and I have bumpy scars where it was. I would discuss how many treatments, likely hood of potential scarring and how often they recommend to go?

Think about why you want it removed, why you got it and where it is.

That.

Everything I have heard said it was incredibly painful.

I would never have mine removed- no matter how much I hated it- there was a reason I got it.
  • My tattoos are mostly blacks and grays. I'm having them removed by a doctor who recommends one sitting every 3-4 months. I was told they would come off pretty easily being that they are older and gray.
    How big was your tattoo being removed? I have three small ones and one large one to be removed. I'm planning to have the three small ones done at the same time and the larger one on a separate occasion.

I have definitely heard it's pretty painful, but I gave birth once so I'm guessing I can handle tattoo removal. :)
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member

Maybe they were young and naive.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    To each their own...

Good luck.

*trying to pretend you're not the guy from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"*
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Cover-up > removal

I went this route for one of mine as well
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member

For the same reason anyone would want a tattoo removed...?
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Best of luck :) I've heard it is incredibly painful and that's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm just in to hopefully see pix of it.... ;)

My daughters and I just got matching tattoos (first for all of us) that have meaning to us (simple - heart made out of a bass/treble clef - a quick google search will show lots of them out there), which means my goal now is to get in rockin' shape so I can find a shirt that shows it off (back left shoulder) <g> [Slave to the Needle in Seattle is awesome, btw, for anyone looking to add not subtract a tatt]
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Hurts. Lots. Unfortunately, mine had a lot of green in it, which is really stubborn. I've had five sessions and everything but the green is gone. About four or five more to kill that off, but I'm taking a break from it. I'll for sure finish it off eventually because the random green just looks like I'm moldy.

There are ointments they can give you to put on the area ahead of the appointment to kind of, sort of numb it. Do it. Anything helps.

Never get a tattoo with a significant other's name in it. Kiss of death.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Slave to the Needle in Seattle is awesome, btw, for anyone looking to add not subtract a tatt

Absolutely. People fly in from Europe to see the guy that founded this place.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    I got my tattoo from a guy with a good reputation....

But apparently he was high on drugs that day because my tattoo turned out awful. After almost 10 years with it I'm starting to think about removal. It's only small, but it's very annoying to me.
  • It really depends also on where the tattoo is at. I was told by a tech once that a tattoo removal off the face, ribs, stomach or inner arm/thigh are some of the worst pain wise. Also, like others have stated it does have to do with the color as well as the saturation and whether you have any scarring.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Cover-up > removal

THIS. I have a bad tattoo on my back that I would rather get covered up with something beautiful.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I got my tattoo from a guy with a good reputation....

But apparently he was high on drugs that day because my tattoo turned out awful. After almost 10 years with it I'm starting to think about removal. It's only small, but it's very annoying to me.

One of my exes gave me a tattoo. I know how you feel. But if I were you, since it's so small, I would get it covered up. It would probably save you more money.