Zumba was seeming undoable even though I love dancing

2»

Replies

• thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    I also do Zumba and took me a couple of weeks before I could make it through an entire class without feeling like I was dying. Now it's just fun, I struggle with the steps and I'm not the best at dancing but I have a good time with it. Now I just have to get my stamina up to get through the Body Attack classes I have been doing. Now THOSE are killer!!!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Yeah, my advice is take it a bit easier as you start, and keep at it. Nothing complicated about this, just pace yourself and keep going.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    I just entered my first exercise in My Fitness Pal. I was only able to do Zumba for about 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes my heart rate was feeling so high and my body was feeling so tired that I was yawning (for some reason I yawn once my body gets tired of working out whether at gym or during any workout). I am not sure if this is normal but Zumba was seeming undoable for next time even though I love to dance. Any tips??

Arpita
    Loving to dance and being able to do choreographed steps aren't the same thing. Zumba is fast moving for many and if it's not steps you're used to, it will be challenging. But like anything else, repetition helps one to get better. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Hi All! I started my weight loss journey with Zumba and recently got licensed to teach it! I'm very excited to get into some gyms and start teaching some classes.

It is definitely something that gets a little easier as you keep going. I would recommend going to the same instructor over and over again if possible so that you start to learn their style and their routines. After you continuously go it will become easier and easier for you!

If anyone is interested in the Zumba clothing, right now they have their Semi Annual sale and everything is discounted up to 50%! Also, when you're ready to checkout, if you enter code NICHOLE325 at checkout in the affiliate code box you will get an EXTRA 10% Off! DM me if you have any questions! It's a great deal, I'm about to purchase some stuff right now!

:)
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    bump :)