Working out and Eating Better...Still getting Fatter.

2»

Replies

• Is there any chance you are pregnant? I would go to the Dr., you need to make sure it is not something more serious going on!
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    WIthout solid facts, its hard to help you. But given your age and weight, it sounds like part of the problem is that you have stopped being a skinny teenager and are a larger woman, and that makes you unhappy. But it may also be that the skills you remember on how to keep the weight off at 16 may not be the same ones that suit you now.

I think before you listen to the people who blithely tell you to "eat less," you need to carefully assess your diet, exercise, and what's a healthy goal and what's a *healthy time frame.* One of the facts we don't' know is how long you've been trying to lose weight. Women's weight *does* fluctuate overnight. And its not fat. Its just life. Are you just being inpatient? Or has it been several weeks? I've woken up and been 3 lbs heavier. And it doesn't' always leave as easily as it arrived either. Its frustrating, but normal. Which is why I don't personally advise daily weighing for women.

If you are at a college with a campus health center, I bet you can be referred to a nutritionist or dietician pretty easily. I think talking to a real person about your concerns would be more helpful than this forum. And if you are really gaining weight in a pattern that is abnormal, then there may be something else going that has nothing to do with your diet. A nutritionist can help you figure that out.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    You are in denial about what you eat or are not recording properly.

Either that or you were grossly overeating before and despite eating less now, you are still eating too much.

There is no magic fairy with a spell that prevents overweight people from losing weight. It is down to you I am afraid...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I may be eating more than I think.

I drink easily about 1L of water a day.
    Trust me, I am done growing and I am not very tall at all.
    But literally, this is an over night thing. I weight 2lbs heavier over night and it doesn't go away.

why not just put the actual numbers???? people are trying to help...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    I may be eating more than I think.

I drink easily about 1L of water a day.
    Trust me, I am done growing and I am not very tall at all.
    But literally, this is an over night thing. I weight 2lbs heavier over night and it doesn't go away.

why not just put the actual numbers???? people are trying to help...

Yes. I propose a stickied rule to have an open diary if you want to know why you're not losing weight.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Im telling you. You are still growing.....Most people dont stop growing until they are in their late 20s
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Don't be too embarassed to see a doctor. It is a really wierd insecurity to have - doctors have seen it all so you are not going to surprise them.

If you are pretty sure you are eating within your caloric intake, go to a doctor. They should order a full metabolic panel and see if there are any hormorne issues contributing to it.