really stressed out.

Options
so I've been on jenny craig a 1500 calorie diet. I didn't loose any weight these past 2 months. I have been having off days more than one day per week and I am on meds which slow down my weight loss. im really stressed out so for a few days im going to eat normal food and count calories on here. I havn't lost a pound. im stressed out, and hungry. im becoming really *****y. I need to take off this weight because I have no wardrobe and its getting cold outside. I cant wear jeans...just sweats for now. PLEASE help I need to know how to eat or what to eat and the portion size of the foods I want to eat like fish, meat, wholegrains. sometimes ill eat out here and there like subway or a slice of pizza. but this is urgent, And I have again nothing to wear! I REALLY NEED HELP and looking for supportive friends. my family doesn't believe I can do this on my own...they only think that jenny craig will help me but I think this site could help me more. please....I need help.

Replies

• Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Be your own Jennie Craig. It's all about measuring and weighing your food and staying within your calorie goal for the day. If you don't have "time" to cook on a daily basis, just cook up a big batch of food on your weekend and break it down into serving sizes. It ends up being less expensive, you control all ingredients and it tastes much better.
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You should buy a food scale so you can log your food accurately. Also, do you exercise?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Use your MFP account. Input your stats and it will give you macros and a calorie goal.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I started doing Tai Chi. its light workout but since I injured my shoulder I need this light workout. it burns something and its better than sitting around doing nothing!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    so I've been on jenny craig a 1500 calorie diet. I didn't loose any weight these past 2 months. I have been having off days more than one day per week and I am on meds which slow down my weight loss. im really stressed out so for a few days im going to eat normal food and count calories on here. I havn't lost a pound. im stressed out, and hungry. im becoming really *****y. I need to take off this weight because I have no wardrobe and its getting cold outside. I cant wear jeans...just sweats for now. PLEASE help I need to know how to eat or what to eat and the portion size of the foods I want to eat like fish, meat, wholegrains. sometimes ill eat out here and there like subway or a slice of pizza. but this is urgent, And I have again nothing to wear! I REALLY NEED HELP and looking for supportive friends. my family doesn't believe I can do this on my own...they only think that jenny craig will help me but I think this site could help me more. please....I need help.

All you have to remember is that the outcome of this is in your own hands. Starting off is the hard part, but i can assure you, when you start hitting your goals, you won't want to stop. Just remember to, stay at a calorie deficit, eat non-processed foods, and do a little more exercise everyday. Try and avoid cravings for unhealthy foods but treat yourself to them every now and then. It only gets easier, i promise you. Also logging your food on here keeps you motivated i find. Keep going towards your goals! Good luck! :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for fitness. Tai chi is fine for mobility.

Weight loss is dependent on eating at a calorie deficit so focus on weighing out your food, recording everything (no quick add calories) and doing it every single day.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Well, you can friend me, if you need specific advice. I have an underactive thyroid and have to take a pill for it everyday, but other than that, I have had no issues in losing weight!
  • amaysngrace
    Options
    Food scales are nice, but I have had pretty good luck without using one at all. I do use measuring cups and spoons though.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Food scales are nice, but I have had pretty good luck without using one at all. I do use measuring cups and spoons though.

You must be a good eye-baller. Scales can really come in handy when it comes to those last few stubborn pounds I have found.
  • amaysngrace
    Options

You must be a good eye-baller. Scales can really come in handy when it comes to those last few stubborn pounds I have found.

Well, food scales are really helpful when I have like nachos or something like that and some of the chips are crushed up. For instance, if the package says, one serving equals 12 chips and then I have 4 whole chips and the rest are crushed up, then that's when the food scale is really helpful because I am lost at that point on how much of the crushed chips equate to a serving, unless I just get a whole new bag of chips.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Well, food scales are really helpful when I have like nachos or something like that and some of the chips are crushed up. For instance, if the package says, one serving equals 12 chips and then I have 4 whole chips and the rest are crushed up, then that's when the food scale is really helpful because I am lost at that point on how much of the crushed chips equate to a serving, unless I just get a whole new bag of chips.

Most packages will also give the weight measurements (at least in the U.S.), so it'll show on the package as Serving Size: 12 chips (28g) - as an example.

I've found 90% of the time, the servings per chips are much more when you weigh them. For example 12 chips end up being closer to 35-40g instead of 28g. That's almost another half serving that you weren't aware of if you'd just gone by the chips.
  • amaysngrace
    Options

Most packages will also give the weight measurements (at least in the U.S.), so it'll show on the package as Serving Size: 12 chips (28g) - as an example.

I've found 90% of the time, the servings per chips are much more when you weigh them. For example 12 chips end up being closer to 35-40g instead of 28g. That's almost another half serving that you weren't aware of if you'd just gone by the chips.

Yeah, that's true.