Feeling bloated/gassy

Options
I have been on a new healthy eating plan for about three months now. In the last 3 weeks, however, I have been feeling painfully gassy in the afternoons/evenings. That started about the same time when I started eating a granola bar every morning and afternoon as a snack. But then I read somewhere that granola bars were giving other folks digestive issues. So, I've given up the granola bars and am still having issues - painful issues.

I know folks will ask if I'm drinking enough water. Answer: Yes (usually 96-112 fluid ounces/day). Fiber isn't through the roof, but a little high according to the MFP recommended dosage - but I slightly upped my intake because I do have a mild case of IBS.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Are you having any of the Fiber One products? I can't have any of them- bars/yogurts/cereals. The amount of gas I get is incredible- and painful!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    it may be something simple as changing the foods you eat. the ones that cause gas and bloating. i'm half following the belly fat diet and the first few days is spent eating foods that do not cause bloating. worth a look.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I have the same issue. I posted a topic regarding this and I heard all kinds of replies regarding my vegetable intake...

Are you eating a lot of veges?
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Natural...I've heard of the belly fat diet...but do not know what it is? I also have the same problems as princesslmc2.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Fiber can be a culprit.

Also, artificial sweeteners can definitely bloat you...are there any in anything you have been eating lately?
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me when I have something with whey protein in it. Can't do the protein bars or protein powders. When I make a smoothie I use powdered egg whites.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was using the Fiber One granola bars, but stopped that... and still gassy. Then again, I finished off the last one this morning just to get it out of my desk drawer.

Veggies, yes getting a decent amount of that (not perfect, but a vast improvement of what I used to eat).

I too am not familiar with the Belly Fat Diet...